This post comes from our contributor FP Naomi.
As spring takes hold, the art of the iced drink regains its importance. We want a cold drink in our hand and the sunshine on our face. After spending four months deprived of both, who can blame us?
So the ice gets poured into the cup, and then what? How about a drink that no one would ever expect outside of a restaurant? How about Thai Iced Tea? We all love it, and it’s so easy to make it yourself. Enjoy a cold glass of this herbal and vanilla sweet treat – the healthy way!
8 Cups Water
1.5 Cups Thai Tea Mix (Look for the Pantai brand at your local Asian market or order it online here)
¼ Cup Honey
¼ Cup Raw Cane Sugar
1 Can Low Fat Coconut Milk
1. Add water and tea mix to a large pot. Let simmer for ten minutes.
2. Kill the heat and let the tea brew for another five minutes.
3. Using a fine strainer, pour the liquid into a pitcher and filter out the tea leaves.
4. White the tea is still hot, stir in honey & sugar until both dissolve.
5. Set the tea aside or in the refrigerator to cool.
6. Meanwhile, blend together coconut milk to remove any chunky globs.
7. Fill a cup with ice, and pour the tea in to about the ¾ line.
8. Top the drink off with coconut milk & a straw. Serve, and enjoy!
Check out Naomi’s blog Numie Abbot.
More healthy recipes from the BLDG 25 Blog!