SHOP FREE PEOPLE

Weekly updates from BLDG 25

10 Ways To Use Healing Crystals

Since ancient times, crystals have been used as a beautiful way to heal, protect, and enhance the mind, body, and soul.

Even if you don’t happen to believe in these magical healing powers, it’s hard to deny their beauty. I recently found a shop near me that sells all different kinds, and I’ve now started quite the collection.

quartz crystals

There are so many ways to surround yourself with these beautiful rocks.

crystals in garden

1. Place them in your garden. I’ve always loved the idea of incorporating hand-picked rocks into an outdoor garden, and using crystals is such a beautiful way to do it. I love the way the purple hues of this hydrangea go so perfectly with the amethyst, clear quartz, and pyrite.

hanging crystals

2.Hang them by a window. I love how it looks to have a cluster of crystals on different lengths of string hanging right next to a window. I was lucky enough to get a bunch of crystals that came with holes in them, but you can always wrap yours in thread or wire so that they’re able to be hung.

crystal dreamcatcher

3. Make a dreamcatcher. In my opinion, the perfect dreamcatcher always includes a crystal in some way, whether it’s woven into the netting or hanging down at the bottom. I love how this lemon quartz goes with the beachy color scheme of this dreamcatcher.

crystals in a bowl

4. Place them in a bowl. This is such a simple idea, but it makes such an impact. I love the way it looks to arrange crystals of all different sizes in a raw wooden bowl. This makes a great centerpiece for a coffee table!

crystals in bowl

5. Make a zen garden. If you want to take the bowl idea in a different direction, make your own zen garden! Fill a bowl with sand, and carefully arrange some smaller crystals, mixing them with anything else you desire — dried flowers, feathers, and tealight candles are some of my favorites.

crystal choker

crystal necklace

6. Make a crystal necklace. I love the idea of wearing a single crystal around the neck. This one is smoky quartz to help keep me centered and grounded throughout the day.

crystal design

7. Create a display masterpiece. There is something so meditative about mindfully arranging crystals and other stones in your own beautiful designs. Do this on a dresser or table and change the design whenever the mood hits.

crystal paperweight

8. Use them as paperweights. I hope that this summer you find yourself creating a handwritten note or painting, either outside in the grass or inside with the windows open and a gentle breeze flowing in. Crystals are the perfect paperweights in a situation like these – especially because, if you use the right ones, they might just help enhance your creativity.

picnic setup

9. Take them on a picnic. Small and beautiful, crystals make the perfect decorations for a summer picnic. Besides, you’ll certainly need something to help hold down that picnic blanket, right? ;)

crystals in change purse

10. Put them in your purse. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with carrying a crystal or two around with you wherever you go. You never know when you might need it for protection or inspiration. Place one in your favorite coin purse and never let it leave your side.

How else are you bringing crystals into your life?

Follow Brigette on Instagram, and have a look at her blog and Etsy shop!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Tehmina -June 23, 2014, 10:21AM

What a lovely post, with beautiful pictures. I don’t own any crystals (yet) but i do really want to buy some, and I am trying to decide what to but for my first crystal. x

Rita -June 23, 2014, 11:13AM

I would add, put one under your pillow before going to sleep :D

Kacey -June 23, 2014, 12:19PM

Love this post! You should check out my crystal collection and crystal collection on my instagram @kaceyroyer or my etsy shop FoundWanderer. :) xoxo

Tyrene H. -June 23, 2014, 12:23PM

Soon as I started reading this and seeing the picture, I just knew it had to be you writing it! Love Every Single Thing!! Super Excited to be getting my bowl from your Etsy shop!

jennifer -June 23, 2014, 12:29PM

I put a crystal in my change purse, where I keep my cash, and my piggy bank. It works. Every time I take money out, money goes right back in. I read that clear quartz crystal or green crystals like emerald are great for drawing money to you. If you put it with money, it will know exactly what you want more of. I’d put it anywhere you need more of. :)

Laurel -June 23, 2014, 12:49PM

Thank you so much for all of these gorgeous photos of crystals…. I feel like I took a visual energy bath.

Katya -June 23, 2014, 2:18PM

If this isn’t the Universe speaking to me, I don’t know what is. I just picked up my crystals from my apartment (I’m in the process of moving) this morning and was wondering how I could use/arrange/heal with them in new ways. And wouldn’t you know it, this was the first website I went to when I turned on my computer just now, and this beautiful post was waiting for me. Thank you!

Brooke of A Colorful Chaos -June 23, 2014, 5:12PM

These are lovely, I need to get some for my home. Where can I buy them?

Katie Y -June 23, 2014, 8:39PM

I love this post! I love all these tips. With my crystals I always place some under my pillow along with my dream cards to help enhance my dreams. I love taking them to different places. One place in particular is music festivals. I was at the Flaming lips during hangout fest and I held my little citrine up and was dancing with it: pure bliss. Another great tip is placing them by your bathtub, with a nice candle and some bubbles mmmm so relaxing!

Eileen -June 23, 2014, 8:42PM

Lovely post. Some information that could be helpful to readers- amethyst will lighten and fade in sunlight, so keep it in the shade unless you want to lighten your stone. Creating sacred grids with crystals is a wonderful way to heal- yourself, the planet, whatever you desire. This is an informative Spreecast with Sage Goddess and Pixie Campbell where they discuss sacred grids. http://www.spreecast.com/events/april-full-moon-ritual-for-the-soul-path

Katie Y -June 23, 2014, 8:42PM

Where to get them?? Etsy, Amazon, eBay and also check out some fun little stores in your area! My first crystal I got a bunch, in the past I always gift them to people who resemble that stone’s energy. But your first one I recommend a quartz! Then add on more that you feel resemble you! My go to crystal’s are ammonite, amethyst, and citrine :)) blessings y’all!

Eileen -June 23, 2014, 8:44PM

Ooops, here’s the actual water wheel spreecast- sorry! http://www.spreecast.com/events/earth-day-water-wheel-ceremony

Cassidy Taylor-Memmory -June 24, 2014, 5:00AM

What a lovely post with such great photos! Inspires me to start a crystal collection <3 must just find out where I can get some!

Josh Rado -June 24, 2014, 2:55PM

I use crystals in fairie water. I get a pitcher of water, place clear quartz inside, as well as flowers and sliced fruit. I let it sit in the fridge for a day, then pour in a glass and drink. You feel great drinking quartz/flower infused water

Jessica Brown -June 24, 2014, 8:11PM

Check out my healing crystal necklaces by clicking my link! X Jessica

Rachel -June 24, 2014, 11:00PM

Where did you get your crystals? Is it a store in Philadelphia? Thanks :)

lauren -June 25, 2014, 7:25AM

I love love love the idea of putting them on a dreamcatcher! I am obsessed with dreamcatchers and I bet some dangling crystals would look so pretty!

Lauren | http://www.livelovelauren.com

Brigette -June 25, 2014, 5:18PM

Rachel – I got them from a shop called Heartichoke on Long Island!

Arta -July 11, 2014, 5:12AM

What a lovely post ..

Eva Bohemia -July 11, 2014, 9:50AM

Beautiful post. I love carrying crystals with me in my purse or pockets.

Lilijana -July 28, 2014, 11:19AM

Great points, but you can always use crystals on your own specific way as long as you think it helps you.

Hazel -August 11, 2014, 6:58AM

Love your post :) Wonderful way to share these thoughts!

Michelle -August 13, 2014, 9:03PM

I like to keep mine on the window sil next to my bed. I look at them while i meditate in the morning

Donna -August 28, 2014, 5:18PM

Chaya -September 4, 2014, 9:42PM

People say that wearing pretty accessories and clothing makes them feel better. Add a little crystal, and you will feel exponentially better!

Wonderful -October 15, 2014, 7:05PM

What gorgeous photos. You really care about your blog and readers with the effort and beauty you infuse into your work. Just wanted to comment on that. x

Amber -December 19, 2014, 2:31PM

Nowadays people are turning more and more to everything natural and there is a solution to healing that is almost as old as time itself – Natural Baltic Amber.

Liz -December 27, 2014, 4:23PM

A lovely blog full of beautiful ideas & great to read all the comments with more tips on how to use crystals, thankyou!!! X

Allyson -January 3, 2015, 8:52PM

Beautiful post! For any ladies interested I sell healing crystals on my etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/LaLunaMuse) some like these and some even more magificinet! And I always accept custom requests!
Love & Light

Isabelle Robson -January 16, 2015, 7:36AM

The healing crystal is really very helpful to remove our bad luck. You can save yourself to use Australian healing stones.

TSells -February 9, 2015, 5:38PM

I would suggest an amethyst as your first buy! I enjoyed your post, but a few of the ones in pictures aren’t crystals, and are man-made material. But, if they work for you continue on!!!

Erin -April 7, 2015, 11:12PM

Anyone searching for crystals in the Metro Phoenix area should check out Black Market Minerals at Arizona Mills. They have a huge selection and great prices. Or head to the mecca of crystals and positive energy- Sedona! There are little shops selling crystals all over town. On the East Coast, I love finding crystals in Woodstock, NY- another cute town with fun, off-beat shops.

Victoria -May 6, 2015, 6:13AM

Glorious, wonderful, beautiful.

Lorinda -May 9, 2015, 1:37PM

I love the suggestion at the end of carrying crystals in your purse. I almost always have a rock or stone in my bag and I give them away when I meet someone who needs one!

Crystal -July 29, 2015, 10:10PM

So many beautiful suggestions! I love healing crystals, thats how we came up with the idea of our company, if you have a moment check it out. Sending good vibes :)

Ejik -August 30, 2015, 3:08PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share a useful site where you can learn more about crystals and chakras and even order your custom beads or bracelets! http://www.laurashealingstones.com Thank you

Deena -September 29, 2015, 2:20PM

I place my small ones in a bowl, and above my doorway. I use Moonstone to manifest and visualize. Thank you for the wonderful ideas!

Natalie -October 11, 2015, 9:21AM

Love this post, so beautiful, it’s also how I use my crystals, except I haven’t made a dream catcher yet, I was also thinking of making a wind chime with crystals. I started making Orgonite in New Zealand in 2010, now I live in the Caribbean and I’ve added crystals such as Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Citrine, Shungite and Turquoise, all of my Orgonite has a Quartz Crystal as well. My newest Orgonite has a beach and ocean theme, and small teddy bear ones for children as knowledge of crystals can be so good for little ones…take a look on my website http://www.pocketorgonite.com or my Facebook Pocket Orgonite page…and have fun with crystals!

jorge bodkins -November 6, 2015, 8:55PM

Finaly watches are made with healing gem stones.

jorge bodkins -November 6, 2015, 8:57PM

Check it out webside name shersherwatches.com. heling watches build to order

Olga -December 20, 2015, 4:30AM

Hi! Thank you for your post – it is very inspirational! I love the idea of hanging crystals by the window-do you think hanging them by the door is good as well?
I also wanted to add to your post – I myself am a crystals healer and a crystal collector, having hundreds of various crystals in my collection. Some of the crystals I use for crystal healing, and I place others around the house, which, I think, improved the atmosphere in the house. However, I found out (through my own experience and later through the experience of others) that crystals do not work as well after some time. I was wondering why until I went to do crystal healing course, where I learnt about the importance of regular cleansing of crystals. The result of regular crystal cleansing was felt by me and my family- they definitely seemed to ‘work’ stronger for me, even the atmosphere in the house has changed (even though I didn’t add or move my crystals)! So, as a result, I wanted to share my experience in hope that it might help others. I made a series of videos where I discuss how to cleanse and take care of crystals. All the cleansing techniques there come form my crystal healing teacher and directly from my own experience. All cleansing methods I used in the videos were used by me – some occasionally, others on the regular basis, and, from my experience, they were the most effective methods for cleansing my crystals. I also talk about the science and the history behind cleansing crystals. If you are interested, here is the link to my intro video where I talk about the origins, history and science behind cleansing and taking care of crystals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deOPtENZJ58
You are welcome to use or check the references I have shared in my videos. I cleanse my crystals using water, air (incense), fire and earth (salt), I also found cleansing with essences and sound works very well, this is also a faster method.

If you are interested, I can also share the links to my other Youtube clips covering how to cleanse crystals with the four elements of fire, water, earth and air. I would be happy to hear your thoughts or those of others. If anyone uses different methods to cleanse crystals, please let me know, I’m always interested in other peoples opinions and experience! I wish everyone the best with their crystal cleansing and crystal healing!

Silas -January 11, 2016, 12:21AM

Also keep in mind that collecting crystals aren’t necessary “green”. They have to be mined and processed for you to go out and get some. Before jumping on the crystal bandwagon do research don’t be a sheep. There’s nothing proven about crystal healing or energy. It’s all intention, will and getting in the mindset. That can be done without materials such as crystals. If you want to be green go out and pick up a twig that has already fallen or a rock that you’re drawn to and put your intention into that.

Himalayan Rock Salt Lamp -February 17, 2016, 5:27PM

Didn’t know the’re were so many ways that i can use…thanks and respect

Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps

Lily -April 1, 2016, 6:14PM

As far as the beauty and power of crystals is known, it is not new to the world and has been long recognised. Even the earliest civilisation used them, not only for their beauty but also for their healing and spiritual power. Even today, healers, shamans and priests use varying crystals due to their unique and special properties. These stones are said to combat the vibration of the illness and on the other hand amplifies good health.

cindy -April 24, 2016, 7:42PM

Love this! will start creating and using Crystal Grids more often. Just made a Zen Garden which was very calming and fun! :

Zack Malik -May 11, 2016, 6:14AM

wonderful post.Thank for you So many beautiful suggestions!

Stress management in panchkula