Since ancient times, crystals have been used as a beautiful way to heal, protect, and enhance the mind, body, and soul.
Even if you don’t happen to believe in these magical healing powers, it’s hard to deny their beauty. I recently found a shop near me that sells all different kinds, and I’ve now started quite the collection.
There are so many ways to surround yourself with these beautiful rocks.
1. Place them in your garden. I’ve always loved the idea of incorporating hand-picked rocks into an outdoor garden, and using crystals is such a beautiful way to do it. I love the way the purple hues of this hydrangea go so perfectly with the amethyst, clear quartz, and pyrite.
2.Hang them by a window. I love how it looks to have a cluster of crystals on different lengths of string hanging right next to a window. I was lucky enough to get a bunch of crystals that came with holes in them, but you can always wrap yours in thread or wire so that they’re able to be hung.
3. Make a dreamcatcher. In my opinion, the perfect dreamcatcher always includes a crystal in some way, whether it’s woven into the netting or hanging down at the bottom. I love how this lemon quartz goes with the beachy color scheme of this dreamcatcher.
4. Place them in a bowl. This is such a simple idea, but it makes such an impact. I love the way it looks to arrange crystals of all different sizes in a raw wooden bowl. This makes a great centerpiece for a coffee table!
5. Make a zen garden. If you want to take the bowl idea in a different direction, make your own zen garden! Fill a bowl with sand, and carefully arrange some smaller crystals, mixing them with anything else you desire — dried flowers, feathers, and tealight candles are some of my favorites.
6. Make a crystal necklace. I love the idea of wearing a single crystal around the neck. This one is smoky quartz to help keep me centered and grounded throughout the day.
7. Create a display masterpiece. There is something so meditative about mindfully arranging crystals and other stones in your own beautiful designs. Do this on a dresser or table and change the design whenever the mood hits.
8. Use them as paperweights. I hope that this summer you find yourself creating a handwritten note or painting, either outside in the grass or inside with the windows open and a gentle breeze flowing in. Crystals are the perfect paperweights in a situation like these – especially because, if you use the right ones, they might just help enhance your creativity.
9. Take them on a picnic. Small and beautiful, crystals make the perfect decorations for a summer picnic. Besides, you’ll certainly need something to help hold down that picnic blanket, right? ;)
10. Put them in your purse. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with carrying a crystal or two around with you wherever you go. You never know when you might need it for protection or inspiration. Place one in your favorite coin purse and never let it leave your side.
How else are you bringing crystals into your life?