3 Ingredient Makeup Remover (All Natural!)

Post image for 3 Ingredient Makeup Remover (All Natural!)

For a morning pick me up, or a finish to the day, cleansing the face is the fastest and quickest way I feel refreshed. I’ve probably been through 100 bottles of different face washes and makeup removers in my lifetime, and I never stick to just one. I always try to switch it up, but instead of buying my next round, I made my next round. When it comes to making an everyday beauty product, simplicity is key. I’d say 3 ingredients is pretty simple, and that’s all this recipe for homemade makeup remover wipes calls for. If your looking to switch up your routine, try making these natural wipes before going the store bought route!

supplies

What you need:

Medium sized jar

Organic Cotton Rounds (You can find these at Whole Foods)

Witch Hazel

Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby Castile Soap

Coconut Oil

Hot Water

coconut oil

Fill up a medium sized jar with a cup of hot water, then add in a tablespoon of coconut oil.

soap

Mix together, then add in a tablespoon of the unscented baby soap.

witch hazel

Next, add in a 1/2 teaspoon of witch hazel.

stir

Give the mixture a few stirs.

pads

Grab a stack of cotton rounds, about 2/3 the height of the jar.

cotton rounds in makeup remover

Push the stack of rounds into the jar so they are standing upright.

wipes

The mixture will start to saturate the wipes, and voila! Homemade makeup remover wipes in a jar. To use, wet your face with water, then use one of the rounds to begin washing off your face. Keep your eyes closed if you are taking off eye makeup! Once done, wash off the excess remover with water.

makeup remover

Enjoy!

More homemade beauty products from the BLDG 25 Blog.
Follow FP Jana on Twitter.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

LamentingLizzie -July 9, 2014, 9:03AM

Definitely saving this! My husband recently got laid off, so every little bit of saving I can do helps. Thank you!

Stacey -July 9, 2014, 10:39AM

Such a great idea! I absolutely hate the chain pharmacy make-up removers. I much rather know exactly what’s going on my skin… plus this will save so much money!! Thank you!!

Juliette Laura -July 9, 2014, 10:47AM

Those nails! And I use Grapeseed oil for eye makeup remover! It moisturizes and it’s 1 ingredient.

Summer -July 9, 2014, 11:29AM

Def making this over the weekend. I will be sure to let you know how it works! Super excited ^_^

xoxo
summer

D'Aundra -July 9, 2014, 5:25PM

It’s funny, I use all of those ingredients in my face care routine but never thought to combine them to make a remover. I usually wash with Dr. Bronner’s, cleanse with witch hazel and use a little coconut oil to add back some moisture.

I’ll have to try out this recipe, thanks!

Luciana -July 9, 2014, 8:44PM

Hey! This sounds great! But there is another ingredient i can substitute Witch hazel? We dont have it here in Argentina.

Vanessa -July 9, 2014, 11:19PM

Good stuff!!

Vanessa

clickbuy -July 10, 2014, 7:14AM

This sounds is very great.

Sam -July 10, 2014, 11:52AM

Amazing! How long will this last and how should we store it? Thanks! xx

Elena -July 10, 2014, 2:51PM

What a nice idea! I love coconutoil so much (I have even written a post about it on my blog), and I already use it as a makeup remover, but this way it’s so much easier to use, and I think it works great. Thank you very much for sharing it! I will definitely give it a try this weekend.

Naomi -July 10, 2014, 10:44PM

If anyone is interested in taking it a step further in both cutting costs and being eco conscious, consider using reusable cotton rounds instead of the disposable kind. You can find a ton of options on Etsy or even better, consider making your own. When they get dirty, just throw them in the wash!

stephanie -July 13, 2014, 1:55PM

This is such a good idea!

Laura -July 20, 2014, 5:44PM

I love it! This is also a great way to take your cleanser with you when you travel. They can take away your liquid cleanser, but won’t bother with the moist cotton rounds!

Stephanie -July 23, 2014, 11:11PM

OMG! Do not use this on your eyes! Great face wash but nearly made me blind when trying to remove eye makeup. Think I’ll stick to coconut oil for the eyes.

Nicole -July 26, 2014, 3:13PM

I cannot wait to try these! I am posting an article soon on my favorite uses for coconut oil, and I may have just found another! :)

Summer -July 29, 2014, 10:37AM

So I went out, shopped, combined, and conquered. I absolutely LOVE these make up wipes. I love the scent I love how they get slightly sudsy and I love how there is the slightest astringent feeling left behind I’m guessing from the witch hazel. I am sad to say I totally agree with ^Stephanie and they really REALLY burn my eyes :( so what I started doing is just making sure I take it in the shower with me and rinse it away after I wipe my eyes or follow up with a splash of water from the sink. I think if mine we a little less saturated it wouldn’t be as bad. But just the feeling of knowing I made these and how much my skin likes them is enough for me. Thanks Jana for posting this and bring on more home made skin care!

xoxo