Stay inspired and dont miss a thing. Weekly updates from BLDG 25

Monday Quote: Don’t Stumble

Post image for Monday Quote: Don’t Stumble

“Don’t Stumble Over Something Behind You.”

It’s hard to fully move on from certain things. Little pieces of us might be left behind, wondering and thinking about them. When we move on, or when we’re in the process of doing so, it’s because we desire change or something new. Getting rid of something that has been burdening us is the best way to start over, but sometimes it lingers around.

I personally find myself dwelling on things that have happened in the past in search for an alternate ending or answer, but what is the point in that? It’s easy for me to put my problems aside and quickly get over them, but the part that haunts me is that my mind always goes to a place of “what if?” If you’re past it, and you’re happy, stay there.

More inspirational quotes from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Follow FP Jana on Twitter.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

agnes szucs / iiiinspired -August 25, 2014, 9:24AM

I like this one. but I guess that what halts me the most are my “future fears” of what might happen… that if i do something it possibly won’t turn out as planned. :)

agnes / iiiinspired

Erin Staff -August 25, 2014, 11:36AM

Great article to start my day. It’s so true, we can choose to be happy. Why worry about what can’t be changed?

Lawrance -August 25, 2014, 11:38AM

beautiful! Jana do you draw the quotes by hand and then superimpose them on the photos?

Cheyenne -August 25, 2014, 11:39AM

I’m always the person who’s thinking ‘what if I had done this instead of that’ and I am trying to get over this type of thinking and just move on forward with life.
So I think this quote is the perfect quote – just look on forward and as you said it yourself the past is the past.

xx Cheyenne

Alexandra -August 25, 2014, 12:06PM

I find it helpful to grieve for my expectations because I’m a girl with a lot of them – and it’s unrealistic to apply my fantasies to reality. The best thing to do is make right what you can today.

Warm Regards,

Zoe -August 25, 2014, 12:42PM

Yes! i love this.

Susan -August 25, 2014, 2:10PM

such a wonderful quote….so true too…thank you for the reminder not to let “what has happened in the past” limit future possibilities…the more i can release the past, the higher i can soar toward my dreams…

The Weaver Of Words….weaving fibers & fables….

………..give me 15 words and I’ll tell you a tale………………………………

Christina -August 25, 2014, 4:24PM

I needed this quote. I need it more frequently than I’d like.

– Christina

Dee -August 25, 2014, 9:13PM

This is such a great saying to focus on for the week ahead. I agree that “There’s no need to waste energy and feelings on problems that are already behind you. If it’s fixed, let it be fixed.” I think this also applies to things that you have no control over.

DW |

Maya -August 26, 2014, 8:26PM

I have to say that this quote really resonates with me, especially in light of some recent life events. My fiancé and I recently moved. The move went well, but we ended up having a bit of a disagreement with the neighbors where they accused us of doing something something that we didn’t. This really, really bothered me and although things are better, it has made it a lot tougher to develop a relationship with our neighbors. Luckily my fiancé really took the initiative to help move us past this event.

Michelle Reay -June 13, 2015, 12:08PM

Love your post, I’m trying to move forward, too

Johnny -July 17, 2015, 4:37AM

Great post! thanks

Kevin Harris -July 19, 2015, 7:30AM

I see a very energetic person. Looks you love life, I believe you will do more good with that energy.