We are really excited to have The Way Down Wanderers playing our #FPInMyWorld event taking place in Chicago next week. Deli Mag has named them Chicago’s #1 emerging band, and upon discovering their music, we instantly understood why. The songs are full of Americana rhythm. They’ve taken the traditional folk music that we know and love and turned it into a modern soulful rendition. Whether you want to put in headphones and chill, or get up and dance, their music gives you what you need.
If you’re in the Chicago area on May 14th, stop by the Southport store to hear their performance. For now, let’s get to know the five guys: Austin, Collin, Benjamin, John, and John – and their music – a little bit more. Also be sure to follow them on Instagram @TheWaydownWanderers + give them a like on Facebook here.
1. Our band is called: The Way Down Wanderers.
2. We’ve been making music together since late 2013/early 2014.
3. The song we’re most excited to play for you all is The Way I Love You Now because it has a lot of spring imagery and seems fitting for this event.
4. Ben is the funny one in the band, and John M. is the romantic one.
5. On the road, our favorite snack to have is anything not from a gas station.
6. Most people don’t know that Collin and Ben are half-brothers and met each other for the first time just 5 years ago.
7. We have many musical muses, but some of the top ones are Bob Dylan, John Prine, The Avett Brothers and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
8. You should come see us play at the #FPInMyWorld event because it’s gonna be awesome.
9. Freedom to marry, freedom to create, freedom to live in an environment that’s cherished and protected is what free means to us.
+ Be sure to RSVP to the event here!