Celebrate the extra hour of daylight — consider these 25 activities!
If you live in an area where Daylight Saving Time is observed, things just got real(ly exciting). Love it or hate it, we push our clocks ahead one hour just as spring makes its yearly appearance. That means from now until Sunday, November 6th, we have an extra hour to do WHATEVER we want. Yes, anything. It might mean losing an hour of sleep and allowing our bodies to adjust (I was definitely an hour late to work on Monday), but just think about all of the possibilities it opens up! Really, so many! To prove it, we’ve curated a list of all of the things you can now do because of that extra bit of light in your day. So, “spring forward”, and check it out below!
You can now:
- Leave work in a happy state- of-mind.
- Walk your dog for an extra 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have a dog, you can go to the dog park and watch them frolic.
- Look cool AF in your car since it’s going to be so bright when you leave the office that you’ll need to wear your favorite pair of sunglasses.
- Meet your Tinder date for the first time in daylight.
- Flip your mattress since (apparently) you’re supposed to flip it every six months to avoid hills and valleys.
- Organize a work happy hour at your favorite rooftop bar.
- Have dinner in your backyard.
- Fire up the grill.
- Buy a treat from the ice cream truck.
- Go to the park.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Play something “Ultimate” in the park.
- People-watch in the park.
- Save electricity — turn your lights off for an extra hour.
- Go to Whole Foods.
- Get more after-work errands done (like going to Whole Foods) and feel good about it.
- Exercise outside.
- Pick up a new hobby.
- Hang out on a stoop.
- Catch a tan.
- Use the hour of sleep you lost to sleep in really late on the weekends and not feel guilty about it.
- Use this opportunity to buy a cute new clock just because.
- Go on a treasure hunt to find all of the clocks you now have to move ahead (if it’s not digital).
- Feel better about going to sleep late since you won’t really think it’s as late as it is.
+ How are you celebrating the extra hour of daylight? Let us know in the comments below!