Read on for a taste of Crystal Dawn Froberg’s sweetness!
Welcome to In The Kitchen, a new series on BLDG 25 that brings our favorite recipes, from some of our favorite FP friends and influencers, to life. Each month, we’ll be sharing ingredients for inspiration right here with you, to excite you to make magic in the kitchen and infuse your life from the inside out with gorgeous health, beauty and wellness. First up? A beautifully indulgent dessert that holds a secret: it’s packed with protein and superfood goodness and was created by none other than one of our FP Escapes teachers.
This June, we will be trekking into the heart of Yellowstone National Park with one Crystal Dawn Froberg. Crystal will be leading our FP Escapes retreat with YOGASCAPES, sharing her knowledge in yoga, crystal healing, nutrition and more. In addition, Crystal is a professional vegan baker, operating a pop-up sweets shop called Passion Flour Bakery. Today, she’s sharing her Rose Bliss Bars recipe with us — be sure to watch the video and try them out for yourself!
Rose Bliss Bars
– 8×8 glass baking pan
– Food processor (3 cup preferred)
– Sauce pan or double boiler
Ingredients for 1st layer
1/2 cup pistachios
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 tsp rose water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup
7 coconut-covered dates (regular dates will work, too)
1/3 cup quick oats
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp chia seeds
3/4 tsp cardamom
Good pinch of sea salt
– Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until well combined. *Will be a bit textured from nuts and oats
– Line the glass pan with either parchment or wax paper, or grease with a light layer of coconut oil.
– Press first layer into the bottom of the glass pan nice and evenly freeze for 5-7 min while making second layer.
Ingredients for 2nd layer
1/2 tsp orange essence
3/4 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp maple syrup
3 tsp camu camu
1/2 tsp beet juice for more pink color!!
– Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until as smooth as possible. *Will be a little textured from coconut flakes
– Spread on top of pistachio layer and freeze for 5 min until solidified.
Ingredients for top layer
2 tsp good coconut oil
1 cup organic dark chocolate chips
– Melt coconut oil in small sauce on very low heat or double boiler.
– Add chocolate. Stir slowly and constantly until well combined and smooth.
– Spread over the top of 2nd layer and freeze right away while making the top chocolate layer.
– Let sit in freezer 5-10 minutes until firm.
– Once solidified, remove from freezer and cut into desired pieces, using a thin spatula to remove from the glass pan.
– Throw a handful of pistachios into the processor and chop until you have small to medium chunks. Sprinkle on top of the bars, along with a few pinches of sea salt.
– Top with a fresh bright pink rose petal and serve.
– Store in refrigerator in a glass tupperware dish so you can take on the go any time, or serve as an after-dinner dessert!
Images and video by Mike Persico.