Embrace the magic of rosehip oil, courtesy of your new friends, Pai.
This post comes to us from our beauty contributor, Allie White.
When it comes to a skincare routine, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. You’d be hard-pressed to find any two people who use the exact same products in the exact same order at the exact same time. Just like we are all unique slow flakes, so too is our skin, which means so too must be our skincare routines.
And while the routine and array of products will differ from person to person, there is one thing I have found over years of intrepid research and questioning (aka demanding to know what women with gorgeous skin use) that seems to be a through line in the skincare approach of many: rosehip oil.
But. But…how can one product work equally as well for oily skin as it does for acne-prone skin as it does for mature skin? The answer is magic. No, just kidding…sort of. The answer is the magical properties of rosehip oil, and no one is doing it better than Pai Skincare with their Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil.
Before I get into the why, let me just say that this stuff is the black cashmere sweater of face oils: looks good on everyone, fits all kinds of styles and is always appropriate. It’s a staple, it’s the LBD of your medicine cabinet, it’s right up there with keys as something you should never leave home without.
Standard rosehip seed oil is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, all crucial for hydrating skin, reducing fine lines, fading dark spots, fighting acne and relieving various skin woes. But Pai takes it a step further with the BioRegenerate Oil.
Harvested directly from the Andean rosehip, and combining the seed and fruit oils, this little bottle is super-concentrated (you only need 2-3 drops for your entire face) and lasts longer than most natural oils (thanks to the harvesting process, it only starts to oxidize once opened). Add to this the fact that the oils are extracted using “volcanically sourced CO2” to make sure the concentration of oils is totally pure and the healing properties are preserved, and this stuff is basically the best friend your skin has been waiting for.
(Side note: Can we talk about how rad it sounds to be treating your face with something that is “volcanically sourced”?!)
Ok, so, what makes Pai’s rosehip oil so great? The short list includes, but is not limited to:
- It’s a natural alternative to prescription retinol and works wonders regenerating, clearing and brightening the skin without the unfortunate drying and irritating side effects.
- It’s a dry oil, meaning it absorbs quickly into skin and is perfect for nighttime use as well as also during the day under makeup. This also means you don’t have to switch up your routine when the seasons change, since it’s effective enough to help with dryness in the winter, but light enough to keep using in warmer months without clogging pores or reacting weirdly to heat and sweat.
- The gorgeous orange color, a sign that it’s packed with carotenoids, skin-loving antioxidants.
- The naturally high levels of vitamin A, C and E, which help fade scarring, improve tone and texture, and protect against sun and environmental damage.
- The high concentration of fatty acids like omega 3, 6 and 9, all of which are your comrade in the battle against premature aging and fine lines.
- The fact that it’s not content just to sit on top of the skin, but instead penetrates on a cellular level, working well after application to repair, restore and shield skin.
So it does all of this, works for pretty much any skin type, is 100% natural, vegan, organic and cruelty-free? I take it back. This stuff is magic.
+ Shop all Pai Skincare products here!