we’ve had 7 interns with us at the home office this summer…most of them are heading back to school now.
allie worked on our planning team. see below…she learned so much while she was here!
things i have learned this summer:
• contrary to my suspicions, ap physics actually DOES come in handy in the real world. understanding “velocity” is crucial to becoming an accomplished planner or allocator.
• WTF does not stand for “what the ****!”…it stands for We The Free
• i have learned to proficiently read without vowels. for example, “hey jamie. how are you allocating that L/S SLD VNK XTRM BTTNDWN MNSWR B/D PCKT TNK? i really like it”
• planners like numbers so much that they have made a numerical equivalent for almost every word used in the retail world.
• IT is your best friend
• ProClarity is your worst
• make mistakes, it’s how you learn. however, make the same mistake twice, shame on you.
• be open to new opportunities. don’t turn your nose up at something until you are fully educated about it.
• incorporate design into all aspects of your life. be creative, be influential, and let yourself be open to influence.
• have energy and stay inspired.
• never settle for anything less than your dream job because…
• success and happiness are interchangeable.
we the free in brooklyn is hosting a nice little event to kick off their “cafe days”, a series of backyard performances, complete with refreshments! come by and say hi.
where: corner of smith and pacific sts. brooklyn, ny
when: august 22nd 4- 7pm
lineup: dandy lions. a brother/ sister duet with a guitar and accordion!
4- 4:30 andy bilinski. singer-songwriter
5- 5:30 kim garrison. our headliner! popular east village acoustic artist…
oh, and it’s all free. we the free. :)
here’s a fun, fun job for you…in-house hair/makeup artist!!
our candidate should understand the free people aesthetic inside and out, and possess creativity as well as technical skills.. this person should have extensive experience in both hair and makeup for commercial and fashion photography. he/she should be able to produce fresh, innovative hair and makeup styles in a timely fashion. he/she should be experienced and prepared to groom one model daily for the fp.com and fpwholesale.com websites, while attending to the set to ensure that our model looks fresh.
* extensive knowledge of various hair/make-up tools/tricks of the trade
* ability to stand on his/her feet for 8 hours
* experience working with all hair and skin types.
* highly creative…in possession of an inspiration book
* experience working in a studio setting
a hair and make-up kit will be provided.
please come prepared with your portfolio.
go here to apply! good luck…
y’all love boots! we got 677 votes on last week’s boot survey – the eve over-the-knee boot won you over, with 265 votes.
now onto this week…
free people loves ruffles. do you?
does the little ruffles shift dress float your boat?