The trend we are featuring on our website this week is very close to my heart: Grunge. As someone who grew up mostly in the 90’s, I know the importance of that perfectly beat up pair of jeans, soft over-sized flannel and ripped, worn-through t-shirt that you just can’t seem to part with. I watched My So Called Life religiously, had a crush on Jordan Catalano and wanted to be Rayanne Graff. I listened to Nirvana and Pearl Jam on cassette tape and wore Doc Martens. Grunge will always be that one trend for me that I never tire of, and will always wear, because to me its more than a trend – it’s part of who I am.
Pictured, clockwise from top left:
1. My So Called Life’s Angela & Rayanne
2. Multi Stripe Beret & Destroyed Tee
3. Nirvana tee image
4. Free People Grunge Lookbook – Linen Striped Romper, Cutoff Denim Vest, Knox Boot
5. Plaid Pants & Sonic Youth tee image.
6. Floral Doc Martens
7. Free People Grunge Lookbook – Vintage Thrift Wash Jean, Washed Floral Baby Tee, Plaid Crop Buttondown, Painted Distressed Boot
8. Plaid Crop Buttondown
9. Nirvana cassette tape
10. One of my favorite shoots, by David Shama
View our Grunge Lookbook! Are you a child of the 90’s too?