Last week, Allison and I showed you all how to make homemade babaganoush and pita chips. For our second round in healthy snacks for the New Year, we put together Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. These are a great healthy option, so long as you use a hot sauce that is not butter based (we used Frank’s Red Hot). For those of you who are vegetarian like me, you can easily make this with tofu as well. =)
3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ to ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce (depending upon how spicy you like it!)
¼ cup fat free sour cream
Bibb or butter lettuce
Sprinkle of blue cheese
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add chicken, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 12-15 minutes (until chicken is cooked through and registers 160 on a meat thermometer).
- Using your fingers and/or a fork, shred the chicken to a somewhat uniform texture.
- Combine hot sauce and sour cream in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken and toss to coat. (Add more hot sauce if you prefer.)
- Scoop the chicken into individual lettuce leaves, sprinkle with blue cheese and chives.