I’ve always felt that every home necessity brings an opportunity to get creative and come up with something aesthetically appealing – and unique. You can infuse the essence of you into every item you place inside your home.
Today, let’s talk towel hangers. I have two ideas that are really simple – and each allows a ton of freedom to create a piece that fits your own personal aesthetic. The first is a towel ring; the second, a towel rack. Use them in your bathroom, your kitchen… maybe even in your living room as a way to store blankets!
DIY Jute Towel Ring
Metal ring (any size you like)
Jute or string
Small, sturdy piece of fabric
1-3 nails (try to get pretty ones!)
1. First, completely wrap the metal ring with jute or string of your choice. Knot to secure.
2. Fold your fabric in half, and insert the ring into the center.
3. Attach to the wall using nails. Then hang your towel!
DIY Tree Branch Towel Rack
Natural tree branch
2 café rod brackets
Screws or nails (depending on brackets)
1. Secure the brackets into your wall of choice, keeping the branch length in mind as you decide on the placement.
2. Insert the branch into the brackets. I used a branch that had wood-burned designs done by one of my friends – I love how it makes the branch just that much more unique.
3. Add any other embellishments you desire – I hung two small traditional Indian bells, as well as some preserved eucalyptus.
4. Hang your towel(s), and voila!
Have any more ideas? Let us know!