Have you ever wondered how surf models always look so fantastic in front of the camera?
Their skin is always glowing, their body is fit, and their images just scream “laid back cool.” How do they do it? Well, we asked FP model and Southern California beach babe, Annie McGinty, to share her top five tips to staying photo-ready on the beach. Annie grew up in Columbus, Ohio, but has since lived all around the world. She now resides in LA, where she can surf, skate, and hike to her heart’s content. Read on to hear how this nature-loving cool girl keeps herself photo-ready:
1. First and foremost, I stay healthy and active. I practice yoga, I love to run, and I take some sculpting classes at Pop Physique. Always want to make sure my beach bum is in shape!
2. I live about 20 miles from the beach so I always pack everything I might need. I take my surfboard… and if the waves are no fun, I always have my skateboard in my truck.
Get the look: Long Sleeve One Piece
3. I bring my portable speakers and my journal. Some days I go and lay out in the sand for hours. I put on my favorite music blog, “Reverberation Radio”, and draw, write, or just do nothing!
4. Once a week I prepare a homemade face mask. Usually it consists of avocado, honey, blueberries, oatmeal, cucumber, and vitamin E oil. I let my skin absorb that for about 15 minutes. When I rinse it off, I apply a homemade scrub which is just raw sugar and olive oil to exfoliate. This way my skin is fresh and ready to soak up the sun.
5. My favorite snack for the beach is pineapple. It’s full of water and vitamins, it acts as a natural Tylenol, and best of all, it doesn’t leave you bloated.
Thank you, Annie! We can’t wait to put these tips into practice!
+ How do you stay beach ready? Leave your own tips in the comments!
Models: Annie McGinty & Nick Fouquet
Follow fp joanna on Instagram!