Still wondering what to make for dessert this Thanksgiving? We’re here to help with this easy and delicious pecan pie recipe!
This post comes from our blog intern, Monica!
The countdown is on — with Thanksgiving just days away, are you still looking for something sweet to bring your friends and family? These little dessert bites can be whipped up in minutes, but make a lasting impression on everyone, vegan or not! With fewer than ten ingredients, most of which you already have in your pantry, this is the perfect don’t-stress-Thanksgiving-dessert. And, what’s better than making something delicious that brings people together and creates memories with the ones you love?
As much as I love non-vegan pecan pie, it can be a bit sweet and dense to finish off a big feast. There’s only so much butter and sugar a person can handle in one sitting and that’s why I *LOVE* this raw vegan recipe — no butter, no sugar, no corn syrup, just the perfect naturally sweetened little treat. One word of advice – choose medjool dates for this recipe. They are larger and juicier than any other type of date, making your pies even more delectable. Now, let’s get making!
Raw Vegan Mini Pecan Pies
Makes about 12 mini pies. If you prefer to make one pie in a pie dish or springform pan, simply double the recipe.
For the crust
1 ¾ cups raw walnuts
4 large unsoaked medjool dates
Optional: 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Remove the pits from the dates.
2. Mix the walnuts and dates in a food processor until the mixture is sticky and crumbly. Then spoon and press into lined mini muffin tins.
*Tip: To make the the muffin tin lining, just tear apart a square of brown parchment paper!
For the pecan pie filling
1 ¼ cups medjool pitted and soaked dates
½ cup raw pecans
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup water
1. Soak the medjool dates in warm water for an hour. Drain them, but save the water for step 3!
2. In a food processor, mix the dates until sticky and smooth.
3. Next, add in the pecans, vanilla, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and water from step 1. Blend until all mixed together, then spoon into your pie crusts and top with pecans!
4. Store these beauties in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to enjoy!
+I’d love to know what your favorite Thanksgiving desserts are — share in the comments! <3