The third and final recipe in our health series with How You Glow.
Jessie and Tara of wellness and beauty blog, How You Glow, show us the healthy way to do chocolate. This recipe focuses on superfood and super herb infusions. We can truly make food medicine when we incorporate these incredible, potent, and powerful ingredients into them seamlessly.
Maca chocolate bark with dried cherries, dried golden berries, and dried rose petals.
Maca is rich in vitamin B vitamins, C, and E. It provides plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids. Maca is widely used to promote sexual function in both men and women.
This maca chocolate bark is super easy to make and makes for an amazing gift, too! It’s beautiful because of the sour dried fruits and rose petals, and the addition of salt takes it to the next level. If you are a salty and sweet person, this is the recipe for you. The chocolate will load you up with tons of great energy and nutrients.
3 cups high quality semisweet or dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 teaspoons maca
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 dried rose petals
1/4 cup dried mulberries
pinch of sea salt
1. Break up chocolate into smaller pieces.
2. Over a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil, stirring occasionally.
3. Once melted, remove from heat and add maca. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
4. Pour over a cookie sheet and spread until even – should be a fairly thick layer.
5. Quickly sprinkle on dried cherries, dried golden berries, rose petals, and sea salt. Pop in freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Once hardened, break into pieces and store in an airtight container or bag. Refrigerate to keep fresh for longer.