Follow this DIY tutorial to add some art to those earlobes…
This post comes to you from beauty contributor, Kari Molvar.
You might be thinking: Whaat? But it’s actually pretty simple—it’s basically drawing makeup on your lobes to create an artistic effect. What’s cool is that the look can be as subtle or statement-making as you want, depending on the colors you use and how much skin you decorate with pigment. For a quick DIY tutorial, we asked celebrity makeup artist Niki M’nray for her tips.
For a half-dipped lobe:
2. Fill in with a metallic pigment using a medium-size eyeshadow brush. You can wet the brush lightly to get a good amount of pigment on it—this will give you a bright and rich effect, and the pigment will dry after it’s applied to the lobe so you don’t have to worry about getting it on your clothes.
3. To remove, I would use a makeup wipe, which is much more convenient than soap and water and creates less mess!
For a glittery ear design:
1. Using any small eyeshadow brush, dip the tip into a pot of glitter gel, outlining the lobe and upper ear.
2. Clean up any goofs with a Q-tip dipped in makeup remover.
3. To prevent smudging, use a strong-hold hairspray, which seals everything in place.
Apply a fun, temporary tattoo on your lobe or use a small stencil and fill in the center with a metallic eyeshadow using the same technique explained above!
+ Now tell us! What do you think of the ear makeup trend?
Check out more festival beauty tips here!