Grab a buddy or two, get in gear and get to Governor’s Island for a day of working out, working together, all in the name of a good cause!
Tickets are $25 for yourself or discounted to $20 if you sign up with a friend!
Speaking of which, go sign up HERE!
THAT TICKET INCLUDES:
- A challenging and ENJOYABLE fitness-filled day with your friends and members of Girls Inc, featuring 4 fitness classes hosted by some of NYC’s finest fitness females: Kathryn Budig, Chloe + Kumi from Sky Ting Yoga, Alison Stroming, Emily Diers, instructor from the NW Method Team.
- A roundtrip ferry ride from Battery Maritime Building in Manhattan to Governor’s Island.
- A donation to Girls Inc.
- A limited edition FPMovement #MovingTogether sport bag.
- Bites + drinks from Avocaderia and Le Pain Quotidien.
- Access to GrowNYC’s Teaching Garden, Governor’s Island Urban Farm.
10/8 EVENT SCHEDULE:
- 10 AM: Catch the ferry to Governor’s Island Sunday Morning – the ferry leaves right at 10 so be sure to arrive early. (Additional ferries depart at 11AM and 11:30AM — return trips are on the hour, all day until 7pm.) Once you arrive, follow the arrows and walk about 15 minutes until you reach “The Oval!”
- 11 AM – 2 PM: Grab a friend and head to a yoga class with Chloe + Kumi of SKY TING or Kathryn Budig of Aim True Yoga. Then, when you’re ready to dance, join a ballet class with Alison Stroming of Dance Theatre of Harlem or shake a tail feather with the NW Method master class! While you’re in-between classes…
- Snag your FP x Girls Inc. custom hoodie at our shoppable product tent. 100% of profits from this purchase will directly benefit Girls Inc. Shop the FP Movement collection and 25% of profits from all purchases will directly benefit Girls Inc.
- Make time to relax (at least a little!) in our FP Escapes tent. While you’re there, take in a one-on-one crystal mapping consultation with Maha Rose.
- Take some time to explore the glory of Urban Farm at Governor’s Island.
- Enjoy complimentary avocado toast from the delectable Avocaderia, as well as other food and drinks!
HOW TO PREP FOR YOUR DAY:
- Arrive at the Battery Maritime Building ferry station before 10am! The ferry takes off every half hour on the dot. ;)
- Wear workout clothing and comfy shoes – after all, you’ll be moving!
- Bring water for the ride!
- Bring a yoga mat!
- Wear layers — it’s October in NYC and we’ll be outside!
- Bring your best friend, because everything’s better Together.
- Money (plastic works here, by the way) — we’ll be selling our custom Free People x Girls Inc. Move Together Tee at the event — 100% of whose profits will go to Girls Inc.!
- Go to our Rock Center location on 10/7 and shop Movement gear to wear the day of the event! 25% of profits from all FP Movement purchases during this time will benefit Girls Inc.
+ For more info on our partnership with Girls Inc., and our other Moving Together events happening on 10/7, go here!