Mona Jane, or Rocamoon as she’s famously known, is back with a toning workout that’s bound to bring you full circle, and with a good sweat, to boot…
“EACH OF OUR LIVES IS AFFECTED BY THE OTHERS, AND FINDING AND MAINTAINING BALANCE IS A CONSTANT JOURNEY.”
As Mona Jane attests to time and again, the journey is at least half the fun (that number probably skews way higher than that, actually). As we all navigate through this life in search of meaning, adventure, love and balance, consider using this full body toning circuit to align body, mind and spirit. Better yet, you can take it just about anywhere.
For optimal results, work up to 3 rounds, doing 45 seconds of each exercise with 2 mins of skipping (jump rope) between rounds.
A smooth surface will serve you best for any sliding motions… Throw in a yoga towel and mat for even greater results! In this series, Mona threw on a few of our Bala Bangles for extra weight — you can, too, if you want extra resistance. Now without further ado, let’s start moving:
Banded Lateral Steps
- Place your resistance band around your ankles.
- Separate your feet, shoulder width apart, with a slight bend in your knees, while keeping your chest up.
- Step your right foot out to the side. Your stance should be well outside of shoulder width (like a wide squat position) with your feet pointed forward. Follow with the left foot in the same direction as the right, bringing your feet to shoulder width apart again.
- Take two steps to the right, then two back to the left.
Banded In & Out Squat Jumps
- Place band around your ankles and begin with feet shoulder width apart.
- Lower down into a narrow legged squat (as if to sit on a chair) — back straight, chest up and hinging at the hips, sitting the butt back (also keeping the knees from going over the toes).
- Explosively, jump up and jump the feet out a bit wider than shoulder width apart, softly landing and lowering into a basic squat. Then power up and explosively jump up and bring the feet together, landing softly and lowering back into the narrow squat.
- Continue jumping feet in and out.
Elevated Reverse Slider Lunge with Banded Bicep Curl
- Place the band around your wrists/forearms, your right foot on the block and the ball of your left foot on the slider, with feet hip width apart.
- Keep your chest up, elbows tucked into your sides, and right knee over your right ankle.
- LEGS: Slowly slide your left foot back into a reverse lunge, pause, then bring your left foot back to starting position as you drive the energy up through your right foot planted on the block. *Remember to stay light on the slider with your weight held mostly in your planted foot.
- ARMS: With your palms facing each other, press your arms away from each other, maintaining resistance on the band the whole time.
- As you slide back into the lunge, bicep curl your hands toward your chest, keeping your elbows locked to your side.
- As you slide into starting position, lower the arms back down.
Elevated Reverse Slider Lunge with Banded Bicep Curl
- Same as above but with your left foot planted on the block and right foot on the slider.
- With your arms extended out straight, maintain resistance against the band the whole time.
- As you slide back into the lunge, bring the arms straight out in front of you, and as you slide back into start position, raise your arms overhead.
Sliding Pushup Burpee
- Stand with both feet on sliders, hip width apart.
- Squat down, place hands on the ground, and slide back into a high plank position. Perform one push-up.
- Pull knees back to chest and stand.
Slider Mountain Climber Knee Tuck
- Start in high plank position with both feet on sliders, shoulders over the wrists.
- Slide right knee forward to chest. Push knee back to return to high plank. Follow with the left knee slide forward to chest, and return back to high plank.
- Slide both knees together forward to chest, return back to high plank.
Tricep Pushup with Block
- Place the block between you inner thighs and think about squeezing the block the entire time.
- Start in high plank position, shoulders over your wrist, spine neutral from head to heel, elbows pointed to the back of the room.
- Maintaining a straight back and engaging your core, lower down while keeping the elbows tucked to your ribs, grazing as you go down. Then push back up into start position. *Drop to the knees if needed.
Pass the Block
- Lie on you back with the block in your hands, and your arms overheard.
- Engage your belly button toward your spine and raise the arms and legs at the same time to meet at the top, passing the block from your hands to your feet. Then lower back down to start position without touching the ground.
- Repeat the movement as you pass the block back and forth from hands to feet.
Jump Rope however you enjoy best for 2 minutes. Heres some ideas: basic feet together, high knees, butt kicks, double-unders, swinging rope side to side, criss cross.
+ Follow along with us on IG here. More of Mona Jane here.
ahhh I LOVE Mona Jane! She’s such a great expander for me to get out and move! And her little one is the cutest!
Thank you for sharing this! As usual, I love that you illustrate every move with GIFs. It’s great for those of us who don’t like to watch a whole video! ❤️✨
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
This felt so good first thing in the morning. Thank you!