A few helpful reminders from the team at Lanolips for keeping lips supple and healthy during the cold-weather months…
We’ve turned back the clocks and “All I Want for Christmas” has been in heavy rotation for weeks now. In other words, Winter Is Definitely Coming.
There’s so much to look forward to! Save for the accompanying dryness. Our lips are often most vulnerable; after all, they get the most exposure to rain, wind, and snow. Lips potentially suffer because that area of skin is very fragile, essentially an extension of the skin inside the cheeks – it doesn’t even have oil glands! In winter, chapped lips develop due to the following reasons:
- A cold, dry climate, plus indoor heating, exacerbates dry lips.
- Dehydration due to low water intake causes dryness everywhere, especially on your lips.
- Licking lips can lead to severe dryness and even peeling (saliva evaporation, plus digestive acids, eat away at the delicate skin).
This winter, to keep your lips looking lush, do a little pre-planning:
- Splurge on a humidifier. You need to offset the dry heat with a cool mist humidifier.
- Dry lips are one of the first signs you’re not drinking enough water, so make use of that new water bottle you just bought.
- Do not lick your lips, especially if your lips are chapped.
- Avoid beeswax-based lip products. Often used to thicken and harden products, beeswax is an ineffective moisturizer and can actually make matters worse.
- Moisturize your lips every night, especially if you sleep with a heater on. Coat your lips pre-bedtime with Lanolips 101 Ointment. It is 100% natural, made with the purest lanolin in the world, and the only ingredient known to mimic human skin oils. With lanolin, your skin has literally met its match.
- In the morning, wash your face and gently rub off any dead skin from your lips with a towel.
- And if you’re feeling particularly dry, Lanolips 101 Ointment actually has 101 Uses, hence the name. Rub it into your cuticles for a quick mani; or supercharge your lotion for allover hydration; and tackle those cracked heels even if you are wearing your fuzzy socks…on the couch…watching something festive. You deserve it.