I love to hear the meaning and stories behind the little things people keep at their desks. Everyone’s desk space here is so unique and full of tiny, fascinating details. Here’s a look at the Free People office coordinator’s desk top!
1. The headphones were actually a Christmas present from my father last year. They help when I’m looking for new store music!
2. This little giraffe statue was given to me by our creative director. She’s having a baby (!) and gave away little things after she baby-proofed her home.
3. This is a photo of my friend/coworker. His last day is on Friday (he’s going to grad school) so I snagged it off his desk so I can still see him every day.
4. It’s a pin that says, “Happiness is a warm puppy”. I bought it from a thrift store, it makes me smile :)
5. A photo of my little kitten, Walker <3
6. A piece of my mom’s artwork that she did in college. Unfortunately, artistic ability is not hereditary.
7. A Swedish wooden horse my grandparents brought back from their visit to Sweden.
8. As the office coordinator, people often come to me asking for candles when they have office parties, so I keep them at my desk.
9. I get migraines all the time! My mom sent me this holistic Migraine Tonic recently- hopefully it works! (fingers crossed)
10. Worry doll- I think this came off of a cupcake from an old office party. They remind me of my childhood.
11. Photo of Audrey Hepburn- She’s one of 11 women I have hanging above my desk as my eyebrow inspiration #dontjudgeme
12 . One of our first round discs for a store mix cd
13. This finger puppet needed a home, so I adopted it.
The fashion blogger and creative researcher here at Free People is a little pixie with amazing style. Using her sharp British eye she blends rich colors and details, and always knows how to style vintage pieces in a way that strays from dowdy. She’s one of those select few who can pull of a vintage floral-print jumpsuit and make it look modernly chic. She rocks the borrowed from the boy look with nostalgic touches of corduroy, elbow patches, and canvas – keeping her silhouette streamlined, but relaxed. A lot of her clothes she either makes herself or she’s picked up on a vintage store run. And then there are those pieces it seems that she is religiously attached to. You can almost bet she’ll have on her black lace-up walking boots and silver rings. They seem to go with everything she wears, always adapting to the spirit of each outfit.
There’s something so hot about denim. The laid back approach to style has always been a favorite of mine. It’s never over or under dressed, you look casual and cool, but fashionable and chic at the same time. Denim just never looks bad…
Check out how we’re styling it here at the home offices this week.
A few weeks ago I told you about a little installation we started in our lobby. Well most of our objects have been hung by now and it’s so fun looking at them and trying to guess what belongs to who! Here’s a little peek at some of the things we love about our jobs :)
Day by day I’m so impressed by all of the amazing fashion I come across here at the office. Everywhere there are items that make you want to melt. The styling is so fresh. I find myself staring just taking in the aesthetic of it all.
She was a little camera shy, but I had to capture this necklace for you all. How amazing?!
I love how she knotted the dress and wore it with printed boots to give this look a laidback feel.
This crazy mix match of prints is so daring and perfect. I love how the prints have a funky feel yet the look remains retro and feminine overall.
How stylish is this pairing of the ruffle legging with chambray and booties?
This week’s style file is for all of you Lou’s out there who find inspiration in menswear. Believe it or not, there are a decent amount of men working around this office, and their fashion is just as much fun to observe as the ladies.
Our (fairly new) production assistant is one of the sharp men making a statement here. He has an eye for good fashion with tailored pieces, luxe sweaters, and vintage details. I love that he’s not afraid to wear a patterned sock, and how sharp does he look in those men’s high-water pants?? You can pretty much bet he’ll have a button-up shirt on, but the range of color, pattern, and fabric combinations in the outfit as a whole steer it away from ever getting boring. There’s a true refined quality to the way he dresses that takes a good eye to pull off.
This week’s office style is dedicated to every girl’s number one fetish – shoes. There’s no shortage of killer kicks around this office. Every day I’m in awe of all the amazing shoes that appear. Some are so unique you can’t help but stop and stare while others have a chic that is equally paralyzing. It doesn’t matter if it’s a sneaker, boot, or wedge, each pair is perfection. See some of today’s amazing shoes for yourself…
Everyone showed up ready for work and looking good this week. Femme lace and preppy elements like classic stripes and trousers seemed to have a big role in how we were feeling. The classic touches were accented with funky bellbottoms and cheetah print punches throughout. On top of it all there were some great maxi dresses and fun pops of lipstick. I have to say, this week in office style there was much for the eyes to enjoy. Check it out…