This week around the office… Read More
Maybe it’s the fact that Earth Day just happened, or maybe it’s because Spring has sprung, but my eyes kept seeing green around the office today… I love having lots of plants and flowers around, it’s good for the soul :) Read More
A special Friday edition of office space for ya… happy weekend!!! Read More
It feels like spring today, and even if it’s just for one day, I’m rolling with it… I blame the weather for the fact that my eye went immediately to anything colorful and springlike in the office.
The amazing Atlantic Neon Rope Bracelet.
We love floral crowns for spring and summer!
Abigail doing her best dead dog impression.
Holiday season has enveloped the Navy Yard! Everywhere we look are twinkling lights… Read More
Another long, satisfying day at the office…
Hope you all had a great day!
1. WXPN festival media pass
2. Tea FP Naomi brought back for me from Hong Kong
3. String I dyed with onion skins
4. Quilted fabric from India, left over from today’s DIY.
5. Our latest book club read – Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins
6. Tiny creatures from Uncommon Objects in Austin
7. Dried flowers make me happy
8. Wine cork from a trip to Napa
9. Sentimental memories…
10. My little Buddha watches over me at work
11. I can’t write unless I’m listening to music!
I love to hear the meaning and stories behind the little things people keep at their desks. Everyone’s desk space here is so unique and full of tiny, fascinating details. Here’s a look at the Free People office coordinator’s desk top!
1. The headphones were actually a Christmas present from my father last year. They help when I’m looking for new store music!
2. This little giraffe statue was given to me by our creative director. She’s having a baby (!) and gave away little things after she baby-proofed her home.
3. This is a photo of my friend/coworker. His last day is on Friday (he’s going to grad school) so I snagged it off his desk so I can still see him every day.
4. It’s a pin that says, “Happiness is a warm puppy”. I bought it from a thrift store, it makes me smile :)
5. A photo of my little kitten, Walker <3
6. A piece of my mom’s artwork that she did in college. Unfortunately, artistic ability is not hereditary.
7. A Swedish wooden horse my grandparents brought back from their visit to Sweden.
8. As the office coordinator, people often come to me asking for candles when they have office parties, so I keep them at my desk.
9. I get migraines all the time! My mom sent me this holistic Migraine Tonic recently- hopefully it works! (fingers crossed)
10. Worry doll- I think this came off of a cupcake from an old office party. They remind me of my childhood.
11. Photo of Audrey Hepburn- She’s one of 11 women I have hanging above my desk as my eyebrow inspiration #dontjudgeme
12 . One of our first round discs for a store mix cd
13. This finger puppet needed a home, so I adopted it.
We love the magic thermal kaftan!
“let sleeping dogs lie”
By now you have probably heard of our new sister, BHLDN (pronounced Beholden), a line of dresses, accessories and décor for your wedding day. Over the summer, FP Naomi and I went over to their offices, which are located in Free People’s former home, Building 15. We got to take a little tour of the office, check out some of the dresses and other samples, and took a bunch of photos for the blog! I have to say, I am not a wedding person – not even a dress person – but I saw a dress at BHLDN that I completely fell in love with! Their stuff is stunning, and we’re proud to have them in our family :)
Here’s a little peek, just for you, behind the scenes at BHLDN.
The gorgeous chandelier in the lobby is made of repurposed glasses! Love.
The dress that I loved.
Visit the website: bhldn.com