marie antoinette

Um, holy cow! These limited edition Marie Antoinette heels by Christian Louboutin run a very steep $6,295.00! Only 36 pairs were made, all of which have already been purchased.
My question to you is, $6,000 aside, do you like them? Bleach Black, which is where I saw them, hates them. I’m not so sure about the ankle strap, or the yellow color really, but I love the purple and red trim going all around the edge. I love trim around the edges of shoes! What do you guys think?

Comments

Nani -March 11, 2009, 8:50AM

First, I have not the chance to say how much I am loving this blog… first the clothes, now the blog… I can’t wait until you come up with something else!!!
Now, the shoes. Not a big fan. I agree, maybe loosing the ankle strap will make them more usable, love the trim and the yellow color though :)

Rosemoo -March 11, 2009, 8:54AM

Well, everyone I know says I have no style. But I love these!
I would wear them for sure.
Probably with a snappy cocktail dress. Show off those gams and feet!
:D

Alissa -March 11, 2009, 12:00PM

I like everything except the ankle strap…but I suppose I understand what was trying to be accomplished with them, since they are Marie Antoinette inspired…but that ankle strap is HIDEOUS!
Good thing their are only 36 of them out there!

Megan -March 11, 2009, 12:17PM

LUV these! However, much too precious for me to actually wear…

Faith -March 11, 2009, 2:10PM

I’d have to say that I love them… yes the ankle strap is a bit wonky, but besides that I’d buy them in a second if I had the money.
~F

Dez -March 11, 2009, 2:56PM

I think these are fabulous! I’ve been obsessed with Marie Antoinette everything since I was in the 7th grade and these shoes are great, ankle straps and all :) The price it pretty crazy though!

Caroline -March 11, 2009, 4:08PM

They’re very Betsy Johnson.

Moorea Seal -March 11, 2009, 4:15PM

oh my GOSH these are amazing. everything about them is perfect!

Mushroom Moon -March 11, 2009, 4:37PM

I hate them, but that is only my opinion. I think they are trying too hard, and the yellow and purple color doesn’t scream Antionette personally. I would have gone for muted pastels.

Dina -March 11, 2009, 4:47PM

I would love these shoes for display in my home, but I don’t think they’re attractive on foot. Just for display in the home or as part of my decor.

ronnie -March 11, 2009, 5:34PM

When I first saw them, I thought that I thought they were cool, but the more I looked at them, the less and less I liked them. I go to a high school with a creative fashion class, and these shoes look like something that one of the students in that class would pump out in a week. …That was not a compliment.
I might pay about $20 for these at TJMaxx, but definatley not $6000. That’s a bit ridiculous, honestly.

Lulu -March 11, 2009, 5:35PM

I am highly disappointed with Christian Loboutin, as he is one of my favourite designers, and I think these shoes are just plain tacky. Perhaps if he chose nicer colours they’d look nicer.

Ella -March 11, 2009, 5:40PM

i kinda like them minus the color choices. though they don’t look expensive at all…i bet with an old pair of shoes, one trip to the craft store, and a handy glue gun, i could get about the same look

Vanessa -March 11, 2009, 6:42PM

Love, love, love them. They are FANTASTIC!

aileen -March 11, 2009, 6:49PM

I like them, but they look more like something Irregular Choice would do. They are not on brand to Louboutin and don’t warrant the price tag.

Cat -March 12, 2009, 2:24AM

funny thing, when i saw this pair of shoes on her blog (and right before i headed over to the fb blog too), the first thing i thought was “this is something the freepeople people would like.” ehe!

Lindsay -March 12, 2009, 11:16AM

ick…not liking these too much. they’re WAY overdone…but as far as making a statement about marie anttoinette they serve there purpose quite well. However, I would never wear them…or touch them with an eleven foot pole. the little ship on the top of the strap is pretty cute though…

Rachel -September 8, 2009, 12:21PM

o my gosh-SO gorgeous. BTW, i LOVE this site!!!