You Should Take Care

Post image for You Should Take Care

I gasped when I first saw these paintings (yes, paintings!) by Pakayla Biehn, based on double exposure photography. I definitely recognize some of the images she uses as well…a couple are by the amazing Tamara Lichtenstein.

pakayla-biehn

pakayla-biehn

pakayla-biehn

pakayla-biehn

pakayla-biehn

pakayla-biehn

pakayla-biehn

pakayla-biehn

Beautiful doesn’t even seem to describe it! More here: youshouldtakecare.com

Tags: , ,

Comments

Katarina -December 17, 2011, 8:27PM

Paintings?! These are phenomenal!
Thanks for the link, I am definitely going to check more of this artist’s work out. :)

Taylor -December 18, 2011, 9:07AM

Oh my gosh.
I am obsessed now! such great inspiration, and you know I will be printing these out for my mood board. I can’t believe these are paintings! It must take some seriously insane amount of concentration to be able to paint two scenes on one canvas. So inspired.

Anonymous -December 18, 2011, 3:58PM

lovely!!!!!!! this is so great!!!

sun. -December 19, 2011, 12:46PM

double exposure photos are always lovely when done carefully.
just love it.

Elisabeth -December 19, 2011, 2:37PM

I fail to see what’s impressive in these paintings besides the technique. She’s just reproducing someone else’s art on a canvas. With a few photoshop effects, you could make the photographs into a painting. I just don’t see anything that makes the artist’s work her own.

Anonymous -December 19, 2011, 8:44PM

Elisabeth – the technique itself is an art and painstaking at that. This is not someone else’s art, this is her art. She sets up the shots and dictates what she wants as the double exposure. See it as a collaboration. Don’t you dare ever say the word photoshop in the same conversation about photo-realistic painting. You obviously have no idea.

Gallery Hijinks -December 19, 2011, 11:24PM

Nice feature Miss Pakayla. If anyone is interested in purchasing an original work of art or limited edition 18″ x 24″ giclee prints please visit our online shop at http://shop.galleryhijinks.com/.
These are even more beautiful in person!

Helen -January 2, 2012, 4:47AM

As someone who studied realistic painting for three years, I fail to see why photoshop shouldn’t be mentioned. Photorealism is what it is : based on photos – and photoshop helps you get what you want out of the photos. Of course painting from life is something else entirely, and you can get worked up about the word photoshop then, but not in this case. Photoshop can be a work tool if you want it to be – although sticking to it will always limit you, but that’s another story.

Elisabeth -January 2, 2012, 8:24PM

@Anonymous — Didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to express an opinion on why I fail to be impressed by photorealistic painting copying the framing, composition, colors, etc of another’s person’s photograph. I’m impressed with the technical skill, of course. But where is the creativity?