My Secret London

Post image for My Secret London

Whenever I visit London, I always have significant destinations in mind, hotspots you could call them. These are things that I absolutely need to do to feed my craving for the city that’s full of charm.

The Southbank is one of my all time favorite destinations, strolling alongside the River Thames where Parliament and Big Ben haunt the skyline with Gothic architecture, where Shakespeare’s Globe Theater takes you back in time and where the smells of the finest fresh produce linger from the famous Borough Market. I always find myself heading in this direction on every visit.

my secret london

Notting Hill

To fill my craving for antiques and vintage, Notting Hill is where I need to go, and casting my eyes on the sherbet colored houses doesn’t hurt either. I never leave empty handed whenever I go. That’s why it’s a must, you know you will always find something rare to take back with you.

If you love good wine and cheese I would suggest you go to Gordon’s Wine Bar. It’s one of the oldest wine bars in London and it has the interior to prove it. You’ll find yourself sitting in rustic old cellars with rickety old tables and chairs, with the warm glow of candles burning from old wine bottles. It’s a great place to go for an evening anyday of the week.

My secret London

Gordon’s Wine Bar

And lastly, Liberty of London. I go here every single time I visit even if it’s just to walk around and hear the floor boards creek , it’s a must!

Although there are so many more other hotspots in London I love, I would love to know if any of you guys have suggestions for next time I visit?

Tags: ,

Comments

Jessica M -January 2, 2013, 10:09AM

How did you read my mind?! I just found out I’ll be in London briefly in a few weeks, I can’t wait to use these tips! Gordon’s looks SO magical and romantic, that will be my first stop for sure =)
xo
-jm http://www.threadandbones.com

Angela -January 2, 2013, 11:37AM

You must go to the Stables section of Camden Town. It is AMAZING. It’s a market (quite like Portobello Road in Notting Hill, but with no produce and more handmade Etsy-style & vintage faire) that goes indoors and outdoors, and there are tons of food vendors around as well.

The thing that I highly recommend that you find within it is a strange cyberpunk store called Cyberdog that is randomly plopped in the middle of the stables. I can’t even properly describe it. Everything in it is fake-futuristic and neon and under black lights, and just needs to be seen to be believed.

Also, there’s a neat part of Camden Town where you can get food right by the river and sit on seats that are made to look like old motorcycles.

Sami -January 2, 2013, 11:37AM

You must visit Brick Lane on Sunday, it’s a Free People dream! And I’m a sucker for Camden, always <3 Xoxo

Nicole -January 2, 2013, 2:24PM

I agree that the Stables Market in Camden Town is a must-visit, and Cyberdog is awesome! (although bizzarre…but definitely worth seeing). I was so happy to see this post- London is my favorite place in the universe, and I can’t wait to go back and visit these locations, especially Gordon’s- it looks unbelievable. I would also suggest visiting Covent Garden, which is full of restaurants, cobblestone streets, and bars and pubs ranging from rustic and quaint to kitschy and fun.

Julie -January 5, 2013, 8:31AM

You must visit more often…..London is magical and inspiring…….especially if you’re lucky and enjoy a spell of nice weather :D

http://motorcycleshedguide.blogspot.com -January 31, 2014, 9:53PM

Superb, what a website it is! Ƭhis weblog preseոts
valuable fɑcts to uѕ, keep it սp.

Billy -August 15, 2014, 9:35PM

Very good information. Lucky me I ran across your site by accident (stumbleupon).

I have book marked it for later!