West Coast Craft in San Francisco

Post image for West Coast Craft in San Francisco

This past weekend, San Francisco residents were graced with quite a gift. West Coast Craft premiered its first year at the Fort Mason center both Saturday and Sunday. Over 150 handpicked beautifully curated vendors displayed their highly skilled craft mediums; perfumers, soap makers, textile artists, home goods and furniture designers, artisan candy crafters… well, you get the gist. Every corner of handmade-craftdom was covered. Artists came from Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco and all points in between. Walking the rows of this event, you felt the proud representation of the West Coast and all of its talented artistic pioneers.

A side note to founders; Nick, Paulina, and Sergio… job well done, job well done indeed.

WCC

© Ashley Jordan Gordon

Wearing our Through the Woods Corduroy Overall!

© Ashley Jordan Gordon© Ashley Jordan Gordon

WCC

© Ashley Jordan Gordon© Ashley Jordan Gordon

wcc

wcc

wcc

wcc

Photos: Ashley Jordan Gordon

Learn more about this amazing event and its vendors here!

Hope you enjoy a vicarious perusing by way of photographs… join us next year, yes?

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Hanna -November 20, 2013, 9:55AM

Amy I am so in love with your posts! So lovely to get some west coast vibes over here :)

Annejelina -November 20, 2013, 10:00AM

Wow! Not only are craft fairs awesome but this one in SF rocks! Thank you Amy, I enjoy reading your posts doll <3
xoxo Annejelina

Visit my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrownofCreationShop

Emily -November 20, 2013, 10:33AM

WOW! Awesome photos! I love the overalls the girl in the first photo is wearing!

fp julia -November 20, 2013, 11:01AM

Emily – they’re our Through the Woods Corduroy Overall! Added a link in the post :)

Aleksandra Zee -November 20, 2013, 11:29AM

Thank you for the write up! So happy to meet you and so honored to be up on the blog! And P.S. I live in my Free People overalls! Thank you again, so excited!

Tiffany -November 20, 2013, 12:52PM

Can’t believe I missed this! :( I love this and hope SF does another one soon!

{www.tlingram.weebly.com}

J03 -November 20, 2013, 3:21PM

Aleksandra Zee’s work is a direct rip off of Brooklyn based Ariele Alasko who has been making this style of work for YEARS. Luckily the internet exists and the proof is in the pudding: http://www.arielealasko.com/p/blog-page.html

Kitryn -November 20, 2013, 4:19PM

These photos are rad. What an amazing place to showcase artisan crafts. I’m a textile artist from the Isle of Wight in the U.K.. I’m coming to San Francisco in April would love it if anyone could recommend quirky places to stay. The place for music and artisan craft shops or vintages shops thanks. Xx

Olta -November 20, 2013, 4:55PM

So bad I missed it. I wish I knew it before. Next year I will be there for sure :)!!!

Megan -November 20, 2013, 7:45PM

Oh my gosh, this looks like a crafters paradise!! I love buying homemade goodies. I refuse to buy my yarn I use for projects from large chains and instead I pay a little more to buy it from a local yarn shop in my town. I would love to know how to be a part of this!

MacK Mars -November 21, 2013, 8:47AM

This looks liek an AH-MAAAZING time! These pictures are so lovely!

xx
MacK @ SoulMakes | Blog

Molly -November 25, 2013, 11:47AM

Cool event! And I’m happy to see that there are two people wearing Warby Parker glasses! The fourth picture down is Roosevelt in Revolver Matte Black:
And the fourth picture from the last is Bensen in Whiskey Tortoise!

***I’m not an advertiser for Warby Parker, I just love them!! :) And I’m an avid reader of this blog!

April Rose -December 12, 2013, 4:22AM

Hi
Thanks for posting my work.
I did the fiber hanging rainbow & ceramic hands with eyes.

Would be wonderful to be linked to my website

Thanks again
xx
AR

Flavia -January 18, 2014, 3:14PM

i was so excited to see that juniper ridge and gravel and gold were there! i can’t remember when or how i got to know them, i love their work! wish i’d live in the u.s.!

Paigerella -April 17, 2014, 6:03PM

A lot of amazing stuff here. Thanks for the great post and awesome photography. :)