I Do

Post image for I Do

Does every woman picture the day she may stand across from her love and say “I Do”? Yes to a lifetime of building together, of lifting each other up, of conquering both individual dreams and united dreams? I was never that little girl… I surely equated marriage with ruffles and big bows, permed hair, questionable shoes and a day of not climbing trees. I didn’t like pink. I played in the mud. I favored my horses and boots over any doll or dress up  heels. As I have grown, and age has graced me with life’s experiences, my tastes too have evolved. Realization hit…. being a bride doesn’t reflect that of a lifetime barbie experience. There is a way for every woman…

Its a time to reflect what lies inside you. To shine outward and be the truest you.

Here, 4 of our free people girls dress and accessorize their truest selves; Candy, Lou, Meadow, and Ginger…

Which one are you?

Annabella Silk Gown

free people wedding inspiration

Infinity Dress, Gentry Mid Boot, Matador Hat.

free people wedding inspiration

Rachel Scallop Lace Poncho, Revival Moccasin.

free people wedding inspiration

Florence Lace Dress, Tala Armband.

Photography: Annie Edmonds

HMU: Emily Nickrent

Model: Kate Zubok @ FORD

Flowers by The Little Branch.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Megan | New Eve Jewelry -April 2, 2014, 9:43AM

I’m obsessed with the first look! My style is somewhere between Candy & Meadow – earthy, yet dreamy & feminine. My wedding dress was white, because I love the symbolism of purity and new beginnings.

Handmade boho-chic jewelry: http://www.newevejewelry.etsy.com

Vi -April 2, 2014, 9:46AM

I love the make up of the models! It is so gorgeous and looks so natural. Is there a tutorial?

Megan -April 2, 2014, 9:59AM

My favorite is the first look. I love her hair as well as the makeup.

VintageBohemian21 -April 2, 2014, 10:00AM

Recently, towards the end of last year, I have thought about my future wedding. Alas, I am not dating anyone at this time, but just picturing myself in a white Victorian lace gown, long and flowing, with my dark curls tied back with pinned flowers, and having my chocolate eyes done in a simple cat eye look with dark red lipstick to top it off makes me smile. I actually have gathered some pictures (plus the song I would be walking down the aisle to) that I’ve found on my search for the “perfect” wedding to get inspired when the big day does arrive and I walk down the aisle towards my soon-to-be-husband. Again, thinking of “our” wedding never came to mind until recently, now that I am past my teenage years and becoming a more mature young woman. I do hope to share my ideas with the man I will be dating and that together we can agree on what is right for our wedding. It will be another important day of our lives that we shall never forget.

Sweet Pea -April 2, 2014, 10:01AM

These are beautiful!!!!!!!!

VintageBohemian21 -April 2, 2014, 10:05AM

Forgot to mention, I am definitely Candy, love the Annabella Silk Gown the model is wearing

marissa l -April 2, 2014, 10:37AM

so so lovely!

Jamie ann -April 2, 2014, 11:45AM

lovely :) my favorite is the first look :)

Susan Jizba -April 2, 2014, 12:43PM

so incredibly gorgeous….each bride looks like she has a “story to tell” so to speak…a very fairy tale…a rustic woodland adventure…and the free spirited wanderlust of a bohemian bride…. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWeaverOfWords

jessie -April 2, 2014, 12:47PM

planning my wedding right now and i’m having a nightmare of a time finding the right dress. love the dress on the hanger i’m wondering where can i find it?

Gossamer Vintage -April 2, 2014, 12:56PM

Love FREE PEOPLE and their aesthetic! So much like the shoot I did recently!

sarah -April 2, 2014, 1:10PM

Is the dress that is hanging by itself yours? It looks like the one you posted on instagram and I have yet to find it!

fp julia -April 2, 2014, 1:12PM

It’s the Rachel Scallop Lace Poncho!

Stefanie -April 2, 2014, 1:28PM

I love the words of this post – it describes exactly my own experience!

Crystal -April 2, 2014, 1:30PM

The first dress is so beautiful! :)

Erika Noel -April 2, 2014, 1:54PM

The lip color and flower crown of the first look is such a perfect combination!

Becky -April 2, 2014, 1:58PM

Those are some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen! Who did them???

meg -April 2, 2014, 2:38PM

The flowers are by The Little Branch

SDKiki -April 2, 2014, 4:40PM

The first dress!!! I thought about purchase that dress as my wedding gown, unfortunately back then (a year ago) there was only one review and no FP pics, in addition the dress is pink…my culture requires women to wear white or red only, pink gown is for second marriage…Free People really should come up a white one for the first dress!

Laurel -April 2, 2014, 4:49PM

FP should do a quiz for those of us who aren’t sure which FPgirl we are!

VintageBohemian21 -April 2, 2014, 6:58PM

I agree with Laurel ^-^

Michele -April 2, 2014, 7:32PM

The infinity dress isn’t the same in the link. Is it coming soon?

Maya Watson -April 2, 2014, 11:35PM

It would be ever so lovely if a tutorial or a beauty page with the list of makeup used in these pictures was created! Xoxox

Kelly @ Beauty and the Beach -April 3, 2014, 1:01AM

These are amazing! One of each please ;)

xx Kelly

Emma Wilde -April 3, 2014, 1:13AM

All these looks are goegeous. I like the three best most, full-length is the one thing I have decided for my future wedding gown (whenever, if ever, that happens). A ldot of brides get married in something very grand, but I have always had my thoughts on something more 1930′s-style, flowy. The flowers are gorgeous here as well!

Chiara -April 3, 2014, 4:49AM

These photographs are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I really do want to have a simple wedding in the future, with only my husband’s and my direct family invited. I do seriously think I’m going to wear a Free People dress then ♥

Byer -April 3, 2014, 11:00AM

Where is that red tassel necklace from in the 2nd look? It’s amazing!

Katie -April 3, 2014, 11:27AM

I love everything about these photos. They’re so dreamy and unique. I always felt similar about marriage and I’ve always said that I plan to wear a white sun dress, but I’d be okay with any of these dresses!

xo Katie

Lauren -April 3, 2014, 1:26PM

Totally on the same page here… I always thought brides and marriage celebrations catered to the super feminine. I love seeing the tomboy and boho way here… Even the candy look is perfect!!!! Beautiful styling, beautiful words… Always love your posts Amy!

Karina Ordell -April 3, 2014, 5:59PM

I love the concept behind this very nontraditional wedding look. I think it’s wonderful Free People is taking a step beyond their normal boutique attire and reaching out and offering something unique to the wedding world! I just wish the photos offered more of that intimacy and somewhat secretiveness that your past catalog offered with the male model. The photos were amazing and gave the viewer so much eye candy–and that’s a lot of eye candy being that the clothing itself is so lovely.

Free People…please, let me shoot for you. I promise we could make amazing photos.

Karina Ordell -April 3, 2014, 6:01PM

RyAnn -April 4, 2014, 10:51AM

Lovely… Sigh…

Shelley -April 4, 2014, 10:44PM

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely stunning! Like a dream. . .
I actually never had a wedding. My husband and I eloped when we were pretty young. It sounds romantic, but sometimes I wish we had had a proper wedding, mostly so I can wear a dress like one of those!

Shelley -April 4, 2014, 10:47PM

LOVE meadow!

Katie -April 5, 2014, 12:46PM

Please could you send me the link to the dress in this photo – I can’t seem to find it on their website.

Thank you!

Taylor -April 5, 2014, 2:50PM

Hey FP, Thanks for this wonderful inspiration. Unfortunately I fell completely in love with the statement jewelry featured with the Annabella Silk Gown and couldn’t find it on your site. Is this piece coming out in the future? I would love to wear it on my wedding day! Thanks!

Lisa -April 5, 2014, 7:06PM

That first picture…..Goodness, I can’t help but think of Frida Kahlo! Beautiful!

banquet halls long island -April 7, 2014, 3:50AM

I love everything about these photos. They’re so dreamy and unique. I always felt similar about marriage and I’ve always said that I plan to wear a white sun dress, but I’d be okay with any of these dresses.

Bella -April 27, 2014, 10:53PM

not sure if anyone already asked, but where is the bracelet/ring from the first girl is wearing?? i’m in love!

Nora -July 6, 2014, 9:54AM

wow just wow, amazing pictures!

carol -July 27, 2014, 8:02AM

please can you give me the free people link to the first dress? Gotta have it!

Wedding Photographer Central Coast -August 1, 2014, 10:51AM

Expert photographer knows the best place to take photographers. They are not even close to capturing images of natural beauty, such as flowers, greenery, trees.

wedding photography books -October 1, 2014, 7:01PM

own effect on a diamond’s brilliance and shine, meaning that if you possess a
little bit of ‘inside’ knowledge about these qualities ‘
and their effects on the appearance of precious gemstones ‘ you stand to save quite a bit of money while still being
able to give her a beautiful pair diamond earrings. Before proceeding for the interview, you could do well to
note down the questions you wish to ask. When you want the
wonderful situation for your vacation celebrations, we are the location for you.

wedding photography mn -October 1, 2014, 7:52PM

The various noted above, also commonly referred to as the four ‘C’s', each have their own effect on a diamond’s
brilliance and shine, meaning that if you possess a
little bit of ‘inside’ knowledge about these qualities ‘ and their effects
still being able to give her a beautiful pair diamond earrings.

You also need to take into account the need to move around,
as well as space for other people such as waiters and
the photography team. As a wedding is a one-time event,
the photographer must be prepared for the unexpected.

diamond wedding rings -October 7, 2014, 8:43PM

If you work with your hands, you may want to choose 14k or 18k to prevent scratches.

Following is a simple break down of the various criteria you may find
helpful as you narrow down your choices. Photographers working with a bride who wants a high fashion look
to her shoot should remind her to think of the opposite of what’s expected for a traditional portrait.

goo.gl -October 10, 2014, 12:38PM

Or, perhaps you’re one of those students who desires a challenge, or
even a good addition to your résumé for Grad school.
Without enough traffic, you will never have enough customers and this means you won’t be making enough money.
For clients, you can target neighborhoods, communities or even companies.

oklahoma city virtual office -October 13, 2014, 3:37PM

Tax law about businesses in the USA is ever changing.

As with everything else, it is only the mindset of the entrepreneur that dictates the success and failure of a company.

What you give away doesn’t have to be costly, but it must be valuable.

focifo -October 19, 2014, 12:09AM

This femininity – a natural charm, complemented by bright and showy clothes. If you are inspired chic world of stars and you are ready to engage the rave man’s views. http://www.fashion-ns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Fashion-ns.jpg

focifo -October 19, 2014, 12:10AM

Shoes are beautiful, stylish, vibrant complement the whole image. If the hairstyle, dress and makeup perfect, and no shoes, it can spoil everything. But not so easy, because women shoes with non-standard size feet can be very difficult to find something that is not the right model, but even the right size. http://www.shoes-ns.com/2014/10/04/women-shoes/

Nicole -October 23, 2014, 3:00PM

Where can you buy the first dress in light pink? I’ve looked on FP’s website and cannot find it.