meet lou!

Post image for meet lou!

lou is our guy’s girl – a tomboy with a feminine side who can be sexy without losing her rough and tumble, rock n’ roll edge.   she’s the type of girl who can roll out of bed and throw on cutoffs and a t-shirt and walk out the door without any makeup. the key to her style is being ready to hop on her skateboard or bike at a moment’s notice and disappear in a cloud of dust, because she’s always moving – with the wind in her hair and her beat-up sneakers or boots on her feet.

to capture the gritty style and energy that is lou we went to FDR park in philadelphia, a perfect location with its mix of grunge and beauty.  it winds around a scenic lake with ducks and blossoming trees and ends under the highway with a skatepark, where the sound of wheels grinding on concrete made our ‘lou’ right at home.  here are some of our special shots to give you some insight into the spirit of lou!

Shot1-IMG_3198

more photos below!

Shot2-IMG_2915

Shot2-IMG_2979

Shot2-IMG_2954

Shot2-IMG_3471

Shot2-IMG_3579

shop the lou style here!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

Sarah -April 19, 2010, 1:37PM

who was the photographer and stylist for this shoot?

mary makesense -April 19, 2010, 1:42PM

love this site and your facebook page!!! I started mary makesense to connect with people in fashion world and share info on great products!!!I love this new product my girlfriend told me about from strappys.com. They connect to strapless bras and you show them off like shoulder jewelry!!

Lucy -April 19, 2010, 1:42PM

who is this new model? love her!!!

fp julia -April 19, 2010, 1:50PM

hello! these were done by our in-house team, with our web photographer and senior stylist! and the model is actually our assistant stylist, who filled in when the model couldn’t make it – she looks amazing!!!

J_me -April 19, 2010, 2:05PM

Amazing ;-)

Bronwyn -April 19, 2010, 2:08PM

Yeah I like the new model (oh! a real person!!) — you guys should go this route. use REAL females instead of those poles with boob jobs

I’m actually surprised that a company like you guys aren’t the first to push the ‘real model’ thing. I think in your position, you could really start a revolution

Sarah -April 19, 2010, 2:20PM

i feel like f.p. and me are leading parallel lives.
the model from the “vintage inspired prints” e-letter must be my long lost twin, and the styling/concept of this shoot is almost identical to something i did last summer… http://nojellono.blogspot.com/2009/07/fdr-princess.html

what i’m trying to say is i love you free people…

emily -April 19, 2010, 2:22PM

i’m so happy to see that you guys shot “lou” at FDR park. what a great place to take grungy/fashionable photos.

Cynthia -April 19, 2010, 2:47PM

Lou also reminds me of myself. I too love to climb trees and know no boundaries. Keep up the good work Lou!

bronwyn, while I too like the idea of bringing some realism to models, I find your comment to be highly offensive.

First, I doubt any of the fp models had “boob jobs”. Second, implying that thin girls aren’t “real” people says all too much about yourself. While I recognize it is a popular saying these days, it is something that has always bothered me. I move, I breathe, I live. Am I not real? All women of all shapes and sizes are real and have their own sort of beauty. Why should any one be degraded?

I think fp should have a short biography about their other models as well, to show that they too are “real” people.

Laconia -April 19, 2010, 4:25PM

Yay, finally a Fp ‘Girl’ that fits me! Oh, how your company never ceases to disappoint me :)

Laconia -April 19, 2010, 4:28PM

Oops, I meant never disappoints me. Never ceases to AMAZE me :)

fp julia -April 19, 2010, 6:27PM

thanks so much for all the feedback everyone! i think you guys might like our upcoming may catalog…it features real girls who work for free people :)

Allison -April 19, 2010, 7:11PM

I could easily see Erin Wasson fitting the persona of Lou.

Sofi -April 19, 2010, 7:21PM

This post made me want to hop on my old longboard for a spin, so I did.

Chantal -April 20, 2010, 12:44PM

That Lou is amazing. You certainly need to use her more. I want to buy everything she wears!!!

Rascha -April 21, 2010, 2:06AM

Lou you look awesome. My kinda girl. I shredded up allston, MA all dayyyy. Peace

Justin -April 25, 2010, 11:08PM

My friend is the model in this. “A” you look great!!!!!!!!

scout -February 25, 2011, 3:20PM

I wish you guys had chosen a better model to fit this role! love the concept of this all but definitely need to find a girl who is truly lou to rock this look!

fp julia -February 25, 2011, 3:42PM

scout – she’s actually one of our stylists and she’s beautiful, she was the perfect lou, especially since she’s a real girl!