fall store displays!

Post image for fall store displays!

like it or not, fall is just around the corner… which of course means new store displays! here are some shots of the new displays at our king of prussia, PA store. the rich colors and the added texture of the yarn is perfect for fall, bringing to mind a cozy knit sweater you just want to wrap yourself up in.

SDC16212

SDC16219

SDC16215

i love how the fabric seems to be dripping from the ceiling, like the store is oozing creativity.

SDC16190

you may recognize the fabric covered vases that have been pictured around our home office and at our costa mesa store.

101_3199

SDC16201

101_3202

i think my favorite part of the display is the yarn.  it is also used as decoration here at the home office – i love it, the colors make me happy :)

101_3203

amazing work again, guys!

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Ping -August 18, 2010, 2:53PM

Julia– the store displays are awesome. The layout and the feel of the store is so calming and uncluttered, it makes the shopping experience so much better! I’m not a fan of the cold, but I do love a warm comfy soft sweater.

Brittany -August 18, 2010, 3:02PM

My store! <3 Beautiful

Jen -August 18, 2010, 5:50PM

Where do they get those amazing fabrics for the walls?

Niccole -August 20, 2010, 11:55AM

Is there a diy tutorial for the fabric vases? Thanks!

fp julia -August 20, 2010, 11:59AM

yes, click on the link above in the post!

Niccole -August 20, 2010, 12:53PM

Thank you! I am going to try this. Love it!

heidi -August 20, 2010, 6:24PM

oh my gosh, those colorful plastic bike spoke pieces (cant remember the exact name of those little things!) just reminded me of my childhood in the early 90′s. made my day!

danie -August 31, 2010, 7:56PM

Hey! i was wondering where i could get a hold of a quilt, like the ones used for the curtains in the FP dressing rooms?? thanks so much! i am obsessed with with kantha type of fabric…but i have a hard time finding it :(

Mia -September 16, 2010, 8:04AM

I work at a boutique that sells tons of your clothing. I dress all the mannequins and do the windows- i love it! your clothing is so beautiful its easy for me to do my job

Anonymous -September 19, 2010, 8:42PM

our philly store :)) YAY!

elsa -November 15, 2010, 3:35AM

As the blogger above was asking, among skillions of others that have asked & been ignored, you’ve advertised the dressing room quilt for years now so why won’t you answer where one can obtain such. If you’re not willing to reveal your trade secret then carry it as a product offering in your stores. It’s very frustrating & a turn off that you advertise something you don’t sell. It’s a display, yes, but we all have eyes & covet thy dressing room drapes….helllloooo business opportunity knocking !!! there’s $ to be made so what’s the hold up? At least tell us without telling us…dah.

Anonymous -November 15, 2010, 9:25AM

hi! we get our fabric from india, which we’ve mentioned on the blog many times. definitely not a secret :) if you read through the comments there’s one from me with a link to a tutorial for the vases, which use the same fabric, and explains where it comes from.

Kerry Melton -April 3, 2012, 11:38PM

I have a question. i shop with you guys a lot. I absolutely LOVe the curtains(quilts) you use for your dressing rooms. Do you ever switch them out? Is there a place you buy them from? I have been wanting one soooo bad. I am always telling everyone how much i love them and show them to friends when we are out shopping.. I usually hit the Towson Town Center or King Of Prussia Is there a place I can find one? Do you ever sell your old ones? if not does your supplier sell them to individuals? Your store, Anthro and Padmini are my absolute favorite stores. My room is decorated in a similar style. Anything like those would be an incredible addition for our family.

Lilwy -April 25, 2012, 10:57PM

I also love the curtains you use in your dressing rooms. Where can I buy them? Are they for sale? Hope so. Love ‘em.

Val -June 9, 2013, 11:57AM

Anthropologie sells these quilts as found objects in their stores. The prices range from $200-$300
which may be why Free People won’t sell or give their sources for the quilts. There are many vendors on Etsy who sell kantha quilts and many who will see you a bundle of, say 10 for the price of one at Anthro.
check it out:

If you can sew or are resourceful in finding someone who can make your curtain panels, Voila!