office tattoo style

Post image for office tattoo style

i know that tattoos aren’t for everyone, but i’ve always thought they are beautiful.  it’s a form of art and a way to express yourself that is completely unique from anyone else and very personal and meaningful. i love seeing other peoples’ tattoos and hearing the meaning behind them – its like being let in on a secret.  i sometimes think of my tattoos almost like scars- and i don’t mean that in a negative way.  they represent things that i have gone through, things that have left their mark on me – emotional scars, perhaps.

there are several people here in the office that have amazing tattoos and i thought i’d share a few.

chau’s beautiful tattoo is her own handwriting – she’s an amazing artist.

our graphic designer’s tattoos were done by a friend.

IMG_2368

our videographer and one of her close friends got this matching tattoo.

IMG_2348

my favorite of my tattoos… it came to me  in a dream, and the meaning is inspired by a song, but that’s all i will say :)

IMG_2400

jemma’s tattoo is inspired by times spent bird watching with her dad.

IMG_2408

this is so rad – it’s actually a map of all the places she and her best friend used to hang out.

IMG_2406

and just one of our photographer’s many amazing tattoos.

how do you guys feel about tattoos? do you have one, or if you got one, what would you get?

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

maria g. -January 20, 2011, 12:40PM

i have one of a burning lotus flower and ocean waves with the words “la vie boheme” under my homage for my love for artist/writers. i am a writer myself..the whole concept was “the artistic life is the enlightened life” got it after an amazing trip to a buddhist monastary….i think i want to get prism next…i really like your office style tats =)

sara -January 20, 2011, 12:48PM

the anchor and arrow are amazing
i have a tiny tattoo on my left-side ribs high up, three little leaves in fading shades of brown!

Anonymous -January 20, 2011, 12:55PM

i have a tattoo that says “free” in red in my own handwriting. i got it after i had been in recovery from anorexia for a year. now that its there, i will truly never go back!

or -January 20, 2011, 2:04PM

have a koi on my arm, my son nickname has always been fish . and a palm tree, flamigo, ocean – my mom was total beach bum. love tattoos!!!

Margaret K. -January 20, 2011, 2:08PM

I absolutely love tattoos, on myself and on others!

At the moment I have 2. I have “some sort of beautiful” on the inside of my left arm from the song “Cover Your Eyes” by Straylight Run. I also have “Love has the longest arms.” in the middle of my back and it’s from the book Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty.

Elle -January 20, 2011, 2:21PM

I think tattoos are great and i think its wrong that certain people/ jobs discriminate against them.

chelsea -January 20, 2011, 2:28PM

I loooove all the FP girls tattoos :) the’re so quaint and delicate, almost quirky, and super pretty <3

somethingceleste -January 20, 2011, 2:35PM

as of now, i only have one but i plan on getting another as soon as finances allows! the one i have is a little anchor on my shoulder blade. i got that because some of my earliest memories are of my parents and i on our old sailboat. the tattoo i cant wait to get, is of one of the elephants in a painting of salvador dali…for all those new beginnings in life.

Bev -January 20, 2011, 2:47PM

Love the Dove..~

lauren -January 20, 2011, 2:48PM

thank you for doing this post!! i’m a fp employee in chicago and sometimes i get crazy looks from customers for being so covered in tattoos, but its the only life i know. not many girls at my store have very many, but its comforting to know that its okay. tattoos definitely aren’t everyone’s style, but they are most definitely part of mine.

Olivia -January 20, 2011, 3:04PM

i have one small tattoo on my right rib cage, but it’s always covered by my bra. Its the acronym OMNI which means all in latin and happen to be me and my siblings first letter of our names in chronological order: olivia,michael,nathaniel,isabella. My mom has the same one on her arm. I loveeee tattoos, i want more. they’re so beautiful

alexxandra -January 20, 2011, 3:13PM

i agree…what’s a more beautiful way to express yourself than to artistically place something of meaning on your body?
i got my first tattoo on a whim, a month ago while visiting hawaii, of a nautical seashell behind my ear.
I am about to move from a small beach town in north carolina to new york city so with this shell, I will always be able to hear the waves no matter where my life leads me.

Ariana -January 20, 2011, 3:14PM

I love tatoos and think they are gorgeous but i unfortunately don’t have any. I have some piercings though. I just worry that i will not like it in a few years and it is soo permanent but maybe that just means i haven’t been inspired enough by something yet to dedicate that memorial to it. But i agree with your feelings on it in relation to scars. I actually like scars cause they all have a story to them weither funny, or sad.

Anonymous -January 20, 2011, 3:25PM

i have a mountain range on my rib cage, representing the life the mountains and outdoors give me :)

kendra -January 20, 2011, 3:30PM

i love ones that are thought out and personal. I have some of the bird illustrations from the book “Little Prince” behind my ear.

Morganne -January 20, 2011, 3:30PM

I am in love with tattoos. I love how a tattoo can be so meaningful and inspirational. I have a Koi fish on my left side that represents my growth in the years growing up in Japan.

sloane -January 20, 2011, 3:34PM

I love small tattoos in unexpected places…I recently got a small outline of a wave below the crease in my elbow because I spend so much time in the ocean :)

Taylor -January 20, 2011, 3:37PM

i like small tattoos :) ones that are little symbols and stuff.

brittany -January 20, 2011, 4:35PM

Lovely post, great tattoos!! I have a crescent moon with a rose on my ankle which is very meaningful to me… I absolutely adore it :).

Elizabeth -January 20, 2011, 4:50PM

i have 2 and they are both very meaningful to me. there is an anchor on my foot for my family. also i have my rib cage done with roses and i banner that says “treat me right” im sure you get the meaning of that one. i love them and always will.

Chantel -January 20, 2011, 5:20PM

I have four tattoos…and let me just say that they are addicting! :) I love tattoos, they really say a lot about a person. My newest tattoo is a half sleeve on my left arm. It is of a large butterfly resting on wildflowers. I have a tattoo in the middle of my shoulders of a mountain sunset with a stream running through a valley. I have a small tattoo on my right shoulder of a bandana design; the colors are orange, purple, and blue. My last and first tattoo is on my lower back, it is of a tiger lily. I cant wait to go and get more!

JolieLaid -January 20, 2011, 5:47PM

I love seeing other peoples tattoos. I have a dove for the acceptance I finally gave myself after a bout with an eating disorder. I also have a peony flower for my dog that passed away. I always loved flowers but they always made me sad because it was something that was so beautiful bit fleeting. My tattoos both have deep meaning for me and are big reminders to value myself and others. I love that it’s something that’s so simple but carry so much meaning to its owner. I love mine-it’s like they were always supposed to be there.

kendall -January 20, 2011, 6:58PM

is your tattoo inspired by no line on the horizon?

hillary -January 20, 2011, 7:15PM

I have two and am about to get my third. birds on the back of my right shoulder, my best friends name, who passed away in a car crash, on my left bicep, and hopefully soon i’ll have my amazing black and white, vintage mermaid on the left backside of my him :)

and i’m officially dying to know what song your tattoo is inspired by!

Sally -January 20, 2011, 8:02PM

Tattoos are *not* for me. They may look nice now, but when your skin starts to wrinkle, or if you gain (bad) or lose (good) weight they may start to look silly. I can think of a million ways to express myself that don’t involve permanently altering my body in a manner which I can’t predict what it will look like in 10 years. (Suffice to say, I don’t have a single piercing either.)

Andrea -January 20, 2011, 8:06PM

I totally dig tattoos. I have two (technically four but the first has been covered up) and will have number 3 by the end of the month. Mine are quite large and I absolutely adore them. I love looking at well executed tattoos. Nothing’s more beautiful than a good one nor more hideous than a bad one.

Andrea -January 20, 2011, 8:07PM

Ha ha. Oops. Two, technically THREE that is.

mel -January 20, 2011, 8:50PM

the map tattoo is the coolest idea!

Lauren S -January 20, 2011, 10:01PM

I like tattoos, but I don’t think I’ll ever get one, just because I know I’d get sick of it after awhile. I get so bored with the same thing all the time. I change the screensaver on my cell phone every other day.. I have so many unfinished drawings that I just stopped because I got tired of looking at them.. and you know, that’s the great thing about fashion. You wear the trends for a few months and then you get brand new ones the next season! It’s so exciting :)

Stephanie Wubben -January 20, 2011, 10:53PM

I’ve got a tattoo on my left wrist. It’s a flock of birds from one of my favorite books, as seen on my sister and I’s blog: http://redwolftreasures.blogspot.com/ Lately I have been craving more ink though!

Anonymous -January 21, 2011, 2:06AM

Lighting bolts and a snake <3 Oh my. I am in love. little random tattoos are my favorite <3

Alyssa Burnham -January 21, 2011, 9:44AM

All of my tattoos are art nouveau. Mainly Alphonse Mucha. I’ve been in love with his work since I was about 5. He is part of the reason I love illustration and graphic design so much.

ryn -January 21, 2011, 9:46AM

omg i have been wanting an = sign on my wrist for so long! never seen anyone else have that. sweet, i like!

melany -January 21, 2011, 11:21AM

I love tattoos and have been wanting one for a few years. I want to start with getting the word “love” on my right wrist.

abby -January 21, 2011, 2:11PM

i love tatoos as well. they are definitly, for me, a forever mark of a time in my life that i felt important enough to permanently stamp on my body. I have 4 and don’t regret any.

Rachel -January 21, 2011, 4:42PM

LOVE this post, I have 2 tattoo’s and am planning on more. I love seeing other people’s tattoo’s as well they are so personal and inspiring to see what people choose as being important to them. Would def love more posts like this!

caitlin -January 21, 2011, 5:19PM

I’m half Lebanese so I got my last name in arabic tattooed behind my left ear. I did it as a tribute to my dads side of the family. I don’t regret it at all, its like a little hidden wonder :)

Jamie Rath -January 21, 2011, 7:41PM

i am obsessed with bob dylan so i got are birds free from the chains of the skyway? tattooed on my back…

Lisa -January 22, 2011, 8:06AM

I don’t have a tattoo, but the more I see them, the more I think of getting one. My favorites are ones with Aztec or Mexican-style designs.

lola -January 22, 2011, 5:35PM

I have six tattoos….
I got the word free tattooed on my foot when I graduated High School
a small leaf on my wrist…I am a botanist
conch shell…on my rib cage…i grew up on the beach
an owl on my shoulder…i am sort of a night person
a dream catcher on my forarm
and the word love in script on the inside of my lip

Rhys -January 22, 2011, 7:15PM
Abercrombie Coupons -January 22, 2011, 11:03PM

I started with one tattoo and then had some extras added to it and then i was addicted. I have 5 now and i’m looking to get more, i think they hurt like heck but they are addicting.

Alex -January 23, 2011, 12:00AM

I want one, but I know my mom would kill me! I really want a black peace sign on my wrist.

Elle -January 23, 2011, 1:21AM

I plan on getting a rib tattoo in the future, “Love me faithfully, see that I am faithful”. I want to get a simple, thin black cross on the top of my right ring finger, which my mother is also considering getting with me :)

fp julia -January 24, 2011, 10:10AM

hey guys!! thanks so much for all your comments i love hearing about your tattoos! its giving me some ideas for sure ;)
sorry i wont say the song my tattoo is inspired by its very personal :)

Kaylyn -January 25, 2011, 2:37PM

“beautiful” at the tippy top of my right thigh in my handwriting…cause every girl needs to be reminded that she’s beautiful, inside and out.

jennifer -January 26, 2011, 11:22PM

I adore these and the small details we got to hear about their origins. I have been planning a dandelion tattoo for quite some time now, getting a graphic design friend to sketch one up and plan to get it on my left side ribs just under my heart. I too think of them as emotional symbols, things I have gone through – and absolutely not negative but almost impressions to remind me of a time or feeling of who I was/am and where I’m headed. Having just graduated it seems like the perfect time to solidify that impression, thanks for the inspiration and perspective. You girls are beautiful!!

Mia Lee -January 27, 2011, 7:38PM

I love tattoos I currently have 1. Its on the nape of my neck and it’s an anchor to represent my home- Rhode Island

Chris Gordon -June 10, 2011, 1:48PM

I LOVE tattoos and the personal stories that go with them. My boyfriend has two, and I love them. I don’t have one yet, but I really want one. I just want it to have a meaning that will always stay with me. I know I will get one eventually, but I don’t want to just randomly get one so I am waiting to be inspired and then I know it will be the perfect one for me.