austin day two

Post image for austin day two

after getting settled in at the house on thursday night, we walked to a nearby restaurant called z tejas for a delicious dinner outside under tree-strung lights…

austinnew4

the guacamole was amazing.

austinnew5

i woke up friday morning to the soft strumming of guitar and came downstairs to find our hair and makeup artists dennis and deanna, who got in late the night before.  not a bad way to wake up!

austinnew28

coffee on the front porch as the sun comes up…i could do this every day.

austinnew6

models ashley smith and anastasia khodkina arrive for the first day of shooting!

austinnew11

while waiting for shooting to get started ashley picked up one of the guitars at the house and started playing…it was such a beautiful moment.

austinnew9

we’re working with austin-based photographer alexandra valenti – i am such a huge fan of her work, so it was really exciting to meet her. she has amazing style, too!

austinnew29

austinnew14

we went to this rad venue called mohawk, located on red river street.

austinnew16

austinnew17

anastasia gets touched up before shooting.

austinnew23

two members of local band the happen-ins, who are friends with alexandra valenti. i can’t get over that california raisins tank!

austinnew24

the band introduced us to the michelada, a concoction of tecate beer, bloody mary mix and lime – apparently you can’t come to austin and not try one! it’s interesting, that’s for sure :)

austinnew22

that’s all for now! today i am breaking away from the crew to go exploring…stay tuned!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

calla -April 16, 2011, 10:49AM

i love those big old trees. the whole trip pretty much looks awesome, and those band dudes outfits KILL me.

Folk and Fairy Tale -April 16, 2011, 12:03PM

I LOVE Austin!!! Its so beautiful and it has one of a kind shopping!

helen -April 16, 2011, 2:10PM

ugh…so miss Austin now! Lived there for 27+ years (near Zilker Park/Barton Springs area). Great shots. …and there is nowhere else like Austin! :D Looking forward to more.

Mary R. -April 16, 2011, 2:15PM

Wow, that is so fun to see! Thanks for sharing “behind the scenes!” Love!

Anonymous -April 16, 2011, 4:07PM

I am living in New york city now and am from Austin. This made my day Austin is the best city. Smile ear to ear. Today falling towards the end of april and it is still raining and cold here somehow ..hahah

Anonymous -April 16, 2011, 5:18PM

omg this is making really sad. I miss austin. I am from austin & I actually work at the free people in austin (the domain) but right now I am in Paris, France studying abroad focusing on Fashion International Marketing. It’s a lot of fun & Paris is amazing but I sure do miss ATX, can’t wait to be back!

dee -April 16, 2011, 5:19PM

Anonymous -April 16, 2011, 6:04PM

Do you know where the photographer’s camera strap is from, or where I may find one like that? Thank you.

margarita -April 16, 2011, 7:28PM

So cool!!! Can’t wait for the next post!

stephanie Bulot -April 16, 2011, 8:33PM

I would love to model for you guys. This is the exact look that describes me inside and out. if itrested e-mail me. Thank you.

Taylor -April 17, 2011, 9:59AM

I love her work! I have her site bookmarked lol :)

Stephanie Dixon -April 17, 2011, 10:31AM

Any idea what kind of camera she is using?
Your response would be so greatly appreciated!!
So amazing..
LOVE THIS BLOG! <3

Jessi -April 17, 2011, 1:37PM

I grew up in the great ATX so here’s some things you HAVE to do.

-Torchy’s Tacos
-Bananarchy
-Kerby Lane
-Go swim at barton springs
-VINTAGE SHOPPING!

Jessi -April 17, 2011, 1:40PM

oops posted before I was finished.

-picnic at zilker
-Jackalope
-green belt
-Magnolia
-see live music obviously

and all that barely scratches the surface.

Enjoy it. No place like Austin Texas.

xoxo
Jess

Nikki Qiao -April 17, 2011, 4:27PM

Hi!! I love Free people!!! I am currently living in Austin! Do you guys need any assistants? I’m a photography major student, can I come with you to help for free? I buy clothes from free very month and was thinking of making a video based in Austin in a way of promoting FP and to teach girls how to layer in free outfit. Please please let me help!!!! I think free people has the msot gorgeous catalog ever!!! My email is q_westlifefan88@hotmail.com
Please contact me. Nikki

Nikki Qiao -April 17, 2011, 11:50PM

Hi Free People!!!!!! Are you still in Austin?? Please give me a chance to stop by and say hi!! I am obsessed with Free People!!! Love the clothes, and catalogs!!!! The photos, videos are gorgeous!!! May I come and shoot some behind the scene photos and videos?? I AM 100% passionate about Free PEOPLE!!! WOULD LOVE TO WORK FOR FREE!! :)
Nikki Qiao

Please check out some of my work if interested.

Song Fashions -April 18, 2011, 2:09AM

All I have to say is, amen Austin!

fp julia -April 18, 2011, 10:24AM

hey guys! her camera was a nikon and i’m pretty sure the strap is vintage!

Nikki Qiao -April 18, 2011, 1:18PM

Free People, are you still in Austin? I would drop everything I’m doing to come and meet you guys. I LOVE FP and have been collating FP Catalogs. I really don’t want to miss the opportunity to take some behind the scene photos plans videos!! I use nikon D90 and a film nikon camera. I’m a huge fan. Please fulfill my wish as a FP costumer and fan. You wont regret. Please let me come and take some photos. I will post them for FP.I would love to meet you guys!!!!!
My email is q_westlifefan88@hotmail.com
I get emails on my phone. So I can get there as soon as possible once I get your email. Please consider it. I appraiser it!!! If you let me come, that would make my whole MONTH!!!! I would thrive to join free people team after I graduate from photography major. You will be hearing from me!!! :) thanks!!!
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!

fp julia -April 18, 2011, 1:23PM

hi nikki- now we finished shooting yesterday :( thank you for your offer to take pics though! xoxo

ely -April 18, 2011, 11:17PM

Michelada it’s the best! We drink it all the summer here in Monterrey, Mexico.. you need to try the “clamato” =)

Lew -April 21, 2011, 4:21PM

Michelada’s are my favorite! A friend of mine from Mexico City introduced me to them and now it’s my drink of choice.