Video: How To Do 3 “Brigette Braids”

Post image for Video: How To Do 3 “Brigette Braids”

It’s no secret that we Free People girls love us some braids, so we came up with three styles that look awesome but aren’t hard to create, and made a little video for you guys! Watch below to see how you can create the braid-wrapped bun, the braid bang, and the fishtail extreme! You’ll need to know how to create a standard fishtail for two of these looks, so check out our fishtail braid how-to if you’re not sure how. :)

All you need to create the looks above are some standard hair ties, little hair rubberbands, some bobby pins, your favorite hairspray, and a curling iron. Now get to braiding!

Thanks to Nick Antonicelli for submitting his song “Been Tryin’” to be used in this video! Be sure to check out his SoundCloud for more.

We’re always looking for new musicians to be featured in our videos. If you’re an artist with upbeat tunes that you think fit the Free People vibe, send ‘em over to blog@freepeople.com, subject: Harmony.

Tags: , ,

Comments

Eva -October 4, 2012, 10:05AM

You made that look way too easy!
My hair is so curly and stubborn…love them all but the extreme fishtail is my fave!
My hair is not as long as yours so mine looks like a baby fishtail…hah love them — thanks!

Hannah -October 4, 2012, 10:59AM

Amazing!! Can’t wait to try the bun plait :)

Hannah -October 4, 2012, 11:00AM

Cant wait to try this!! :)

ww. facebook. com/ indigolife.es

Alexis -October 4, 2012, 12:30PM

Love these styles, but i’ve got a rather silly question…I have really long, thick hair like hers and I cannot for the life of my to get a bobby pin to stay in my hair , let alone hold up a bun. does she use a special kind?

fp brigette -October 4, 2012, 1:39PM

Hi Alexis! It depends on which style you’re doing, but I like to use longer bobby pins when I’m trying to hold up a bun. Instead of using them to pin the hair down, I just take a bunch and basically shove them into the bun in all different directions. I’ve heard that spiral bobby pins (like these!) are amazing for this, but haven’t tried them yet! If you’re doing a different style (like the braid bang) it helps to use two bobby pins together in the shape of an X.

diyearte by L & S -October 4, 2012, 3:51PM

beautiful!!!

DIY and more:

carla hueramo -October 4, 2012, 9:28PM

I absolutely love these.. but I would love to see hairdo ideas for bobs. I have been trying to grow up my hair from a pixie and its a Bob neck lenght at the moment and have no idea what to do. :(

Jen -October 7, 2012, 12:40AM

totally smitten by the band braid. what a fabulous look, i can’t believe i didn’t think of this before. i’ll be trying this to church tomorrow.

Nancy Sam -January 10, 2013, 2:36AM

I was just wondering if you had any cute braid hairstyles for people who have short hair up to their shoulders. By the way I love your website

Anette -January 18, 2013, 4:10AM

LOve it! Great and thanks for shearing this great ideas!