A Day In The Life Of Our Buyers

Post image for A Day In The Life Of Our Buyers

I followed our buyers around a for a few days in LA while they were on a research trip. They work fast with a good eye and know exactly what to seek out. We met in the morning around 8am in the Chamberlain West Holiday Hotel and then headed out to our destinations; vintage warehouses, vintage stores, high end boutiques, and cool concept stores to get inspired. We sourced through Sliverlake, Melrose, Abbot Kinney, and of course the Rosebowl and came back with at least four suitcases full of inspiration. The eye of a buyer is quick, business like and to point, they balance out creativity with business well and are always looking for the next thing. Here’s a photo diary of our Buyers trip to LA.

buyers trip

buyes trip

Lunch at Gjelina Abbot Kinney

buyers trip

buyers trip

buyers trip

buyers trip

buyers trip

The Opening Ceremony store in LA is a great concept store. It’s located in Charlie Chaplain’s former dance studio on  La Cienega Boulevard in West Hollywood and keeps in tune with the dance studio presence and theme.

buyers trip

buyers trip

buyers trip

buyers trip

buyers trip

Tags: , , ,

Comments

fox + gypsy -March 28, 2013, 8:51AM

You should swing around the Midwest for some inspiration! Would especially be good for the new farmers daughter concept. It’s where we get most of our vintage pieces <3

Eva -March 28, 2013, 9:27AM

to shop for Free People and get paid for it…DREAM JOB! You guys are obviously doing a fabulous job ladies!

Mary -March 28, 2013, 9:58AM

What an AMAZING job you ladies have! Swoon! Thanks for sharing with us!

Brooke -March 28, 2013, 10:00AM

I would be the best buyer EVER. I am always three steps ahead of everyone when it comes to fashion…always have been. 0:)

Dana -March 28, 2013, 10:08AM

I love these photos. Looks like a fun job!

Beverly -March 28, 2013, 10:31AM

Fabulous! How did you ever lad such an amazing career? Was it advertised? <3 Jelous! xox

fp jemma -March 28, 2013, 10:51AM

Hi Beverly, I studied Fashion and Design and ran my own blog on the side :)

Eliza -March 28, 2013, 1:33PM

I completely agree with everyone else! What an incredibly fun and creative job! Did you find them or did they find you? ;) Thank you for sharing!

meg -March 28, 2013, 5:45PM

What an amazing job!

Rika -March 28, 2013, 8:10PM

The 7th picture of the light yellow trunk is my friend Rani’s Dress Up Trunk!! So glad you got to make it out to her truck :)

Dress Up Trunk FB Link: https://www.facebook.com/thedressuptrunk?fref=ts

meg -March 28, 2013, 9:08PM

Looks like a super fun gig!

Pia -March 28, 2013, 9:18PM

My dream is to be a buyer for Free People! Love the post.

Alissa -March 31, 2013, 10:36PM

This post is sooo exciting my dream job is to be a free people buyer and my dream job is a white or cream colored Karmann Ghia!!! Ooooo

Kacey Royer -April 3, 2013, 11:14PM

How do these ladies become buyers? I would LOVE to work with FP one day, its my ultimate DREAM. Do they have a college degree? if so, what do most buyers major in or have experience with? I am currently selling my own handmade jewlery and pieces at a store in Lancaster and I am going to college. I want to take the appropriate steps forward to some day work in the Free People home office and I am totally curious how these girls get these jobs! If you could get back to me that would be wonderful! I sent a letter to the home office a few months ago but I never heard anything back. Thanks SO much!

xo Kacey Royer
kroyer6060@gmail.com

Hannah -July 10, 2013, 2:56PM

Being a buyer has been a long term dream of mine, I would do anything to become a buyer for Free People! Would you be able to give me any information on how to pressue my dream? It would mean the world to me!!! I am going to college in the fall and it would help me out so much if you could e-mail me and give advice on what type of classes to take.

- Hannah Griffith,
hrgriffit@g.coastal.edu

Brooke -February 7, 2014, 9:42AM

To die for! I’m working on scoring that job as we speak (; tips?

Carmen -June 22, 2014, 5:29PM

Free People,

Laura Vivian is a clothing line that is very much bohemian inspired. We just launched the site under a year ago and have had booming success since – Our Instagram is @lauravivianla where we find most of our customers. I would love to discuss carrying the line at Free People with your buyers. I can provide you with Line Sheets and Lookbooks for your team to go over. Feel free to contact me at the email provided.

Good vibes,