SHOP FREE PEOPLE

Weekly updates from BLDG 25

The Love Of Rose: 5 Favorite Beauty Products

At any given time, I find myself infatuated with the essential oil of a certain flower in particular. For a long time it was jasmine, then bergamot, and now… rose.

This romantic, sweet scent represents love and femininity. It opens the heart chakra, allowing love to flow through you more freely.  Rose is an important ingredient in so many gorgeous beauty products, and today I want to put the spotlight on five of my current favorites.

rose beauty uses

The Rose Facial Serum by Caru is something I never want to live without. It’s an ultra hydrating serum made with gorgeous oils of rose, geranium, carrot seed, rosehip, and more. The smell is absolutely glorious – and the way it makes my skin look and feel is just as incredible. You know that natural glow you’re always looking to achieve? This is your answer. (Psst: Meet the creator of this serum here!)

rose beauty uses

I love rose water, and the Organic Bulgarian White Rose Water by Alteya Organics may just be my favorite. It’s made from rose flowers harvested from the company’s family rose farm in the Bulgarian Rose Valley, and it’s the perfect mid-day pick-me-up for your face and mind. I had some in my purse as I meandered through Manhattan yesterday, and I found myself giving my face a spritz everywhere – on the subway, in the middle of the street… I just couldn’t help it. If you have the patience, you can also make your own rose water – see our tutorial here!

rose beauty uses

If you want to feel like a complete goddess, treat yourself to some Chandra Pushpa Perfume Oil by Aromabliss. The name means “the flower of the moon,” and it’s made with rose, jasmine, and a unique medley of rare citrus flowers blended with Himalayan mountainside flower. The scent is super uplifting and sweet – intoxicating would be an understatement. According to its creator, the relationship of these rare oils produce a deep, centering wave of experience within our nervous system, allowing the exalted heart consciousness to expand and blossom. (Psst: Meet the creator of this perfume oil here!)

rose beauty uses

I don’t normally use soap in bar form, but the Goat’s Milk & Chai Soap by Nubian Heritage has to be an exception. It’s a perfect blend of hydrating oils that come together with rose petals, rose extract, rose water, and honey, to product a sweet, comforting scent that instantly relaxes. If you’re looking for soft, hydrated, sweet-smelling skin fresh out of the shower, you should give this soap a try for sure.

rose beauty uses

Love Force by Spellbound Sky is an essential oil potion that I just can not get enough of. It’s a beautiful blend of ylang ylang, rose, and sandalwood essential oils, which go straight to the heart to allow you to give and receive love with ease. And I musn’t forget my absolute favorite part about this potion: The glass tube itself is actually infused with rose quartz crystals to enhance the love energy. <3

rose beauty uses

Do you have any rose beauty products to add to the list? Let me know – I’m on the lookout!

Follow Brigette on Instagram, and have a look at her blog and Etsy shop!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

Juliette Laura -September 19, 2014, 9:56AM

Rose is so lovely! I adore making my own rose water, but these product are perfect for when I just don’t have the time!

Clare -September 19, 2014, 10:53AM

I am crazy about roses! Love this post!
I also make my own organic rose water, as well as a rose beauty oil that I use on my face every day. There is something about roses that are sexy, clean, and romantic all in one.

Clare -September 19, 2014, 10:54AM

if you’re interested in my beauty oil you can fine it here by the way
I’ve got a rosewater and some rose bath salts too! all the roses!

Alexandra -September 19, 2014, 11:07AM

Thank you for this list and for these beautiful images. I agree, a rose is so feminine and has so much history of love and beauty for women, it seems like the perfect recipe for positive energy surrounding those things.

Warm Regards,
Alexandra

Hemingway -September 19, 2014, 1:49PM

I recommend Smith’s Rosebud Salve (can be found at Anthropologie and Amazon.) It’s a lovely lip balm/moisturizer made the same way since 1892, and its rose scent is lovely and authentic. You can also use it for general perfume, blush, hand cream, eyebrow tamer, etc. I don’t leave home without it!

Tiffany -September 19, 2014, 2:53PM

I absolutely love the scent of rose. Something about it just sets my day off right when I use it <3 I'm glad to learn all these new brands and products!

Aman -September 19, 2014, 3:48PM

I love rose! When I was little my mom used to make a indian desert called gulkand which is a sweet preserve of rose petals. It is great for skin and also has other antioxidant properties.

Orchard Street Botanicals -September 19, 2014, 8:34PM

We love Smith’s Rosebud Salve, S.W. Basics Cleanser, and Evan Healy’s Rose Petal Hydrosol!

Laura Kay -September 19, 2014, 8:58PM

Such a great post! I love the Badger rose products. The beauty balm is great for dry spots and cuticles. And Veriditas Rose Regenerative Facial Oil!

Melissa -September 20, 2014, 4:57PM

I’ve never tried any rose products, I really want to now!

Sú talún -September 22, 2014, 10:24AM

I love working with roses. this past week I have been making wonderful simple projects to post on my blog, and it all about roses this week. There will be a post on how to make rose water, rose oil and rose fudge. Rose and chocolate. Yum. ^_^

Thank you for introducing me to Spellbound sky, it looks interesting. I might have to pick up a few items from them.

Have a berry orange day,

Sú talún

Sú talún -September 22, 2014, 10:24AM
Akshita -September 25, 2014, 2:59AM

Absolutely loving post!!
Rose represent love and feminine attitude and all these products are related to womens in one or another way. I would prefer ladies to buy these products and let them spread the fragrance in your life.

Fallon -October 6, 2014, 2:29PM

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner has done wonders for my skin! Its so naturally gentle and keeps my skin clear and glowing. I’m not a big fan of the smell of witch hazel, but the rose makes it smell wonderful!