3 Ingredient Eye Makeup Remover: A Quick Beauty DIY

Post image for 3 Ingredient Eye Makeup Remover: A Quick Beauty DIY

This is a guest post from Johnie Gall from DirtbagDarling.com.

When it comes to makeup, there’s one thing we can’t live without: eye makeup remover. But break down all of those foreign-looking ingredients on the back and we’re suddenly not as stoked to slather the store-bought version on our delicate eye area. So, we whipped up this easy DIY recipe for eye makeup remover with only three, inexpensive and gentle ingredients. Here’s how to make your own:

What you need:

Eye Makeup Remover Ingredients

Water, no-tears baby shampoo, olive oil or coconut oil, a small glass container.

What you do:

1. Pour a ½ tablespoon of baby shampoo into the clean glass container. Add ¼ teaspoon olive or coconut oil and mix together.

2. Pour in enough water to fill your container. You’ll notice the oil pools at the top of the water mixture.

Eye Makeup Remover

3. Shake well. Lightly dab a cotton ball into the mixture and gently remove eye makeup. Shake well each time you use.

That’s it! This mixture is gentle on your skin and eyes, and takes off even the most stubborn mascara no problem. And of course, make sure you don’t use too much of the shampoo and oil—anything besides water can irritate your eyes when used in large quantities!

Eye Makeup Remover

Johnie Gall is the founder of DirtbagDarling.com.

More beauty ideas from the BLDG 25 Blog!

Tags: , ,

Comments

Mel -October 22, 2012, 8:21AM

love these posts.

madz -October 22, 2012, 8:49AM

those jars are adorable! and I love this solution to eye makeup removers! I’ve tried pure oil before but it is so messy.

diyearte by L & S -October 22, 2012, 9:07AM

wooooow great idea!!

DIY and more:

Daphne -October 22, 2012, 10:30AM

wow! amazing idea!

Christina -October 22, 2012, 11:32AM

You’re so right! I don’t like buying store bought eye makeup remover. This looks like a fabulous substitute that won’t hurt your eyes. Thanks!

Come check out my easy DIY for an AUTUMN WREATH.

xo,
Christina

Amanda Amaru -October 22, 2012, 12:03PM

Just regular Baby Oil works as well…I’ve been using Baby Oil as eye makeup remover for 15 years. One bottle lasts at least a year! :)

Veeron -October 22, 2012, 8:17PM

Baby oil is just mineral oil which actually is not good for your skin at all. It’s a byproduct of the crude oil refinery process. It is occlusive and interferes with the function of the skin which is to take in nutrients and sweat out toxins. It clogs your pores. It also mimics estrogen, sending the body the message that it is producing enough estrogen when it fact it isn’t, therefore messing with our hormone levels. And yet it is the #1 ingredient in North American skincare products because it is an incredibly cheap filler. It’s banned in Switzerland and most of the EU. The Johnson’s baby shampoo is the #1 baby product containing the most chemicals and toxins, including parabens, formaldehyde, sodium laurel sulphates, artificial dyes and fragrance that are all linked to many cancers and ADHD in children. But there are pure, safe and beneficial products out there and by using these safe products you are minimizing your exposure to carcinogenic chemicals and toxins, Just a small FYI for you guys. Everyone has a right to know what is in the products we purchase and slather on ourselves and our children constantly. Google animal rendering. TY

theamelie -October 22, 2012, 8:25PM

Shampoo is a chemical …something. Try 1/3 oil (olive oil but better grape seeds oil) and 2/3 pure water. Mix them and shake it strongly. Than apply all over your face and clean it with a pad after 1 minute or less :) Is natural and itțs against smooth and deep wrinkles! Enjoy! :)

Elizabeth -October 22, 2012, 9:03PM

Hmm..I think you could use witch hazel instead of shampoo!

Stephanie -October 23, 2012, 12:23AM

Unfortunately johnson and johnson test on animals…

Amanda -November 4, 2012, 2:59AM

Burts Bees baby shampoo?

Jamie -November 11, 2012, 3:22PM

I made some of this last night and I have only 1 word…..wonderful!! Made it up in seconds and it now takes it’s place beside my moisturizer for my nightly routine. Thank you..

ABI -November 12, 2012, 11:07AM

Thanks for this!! I’m gonna try it!

sienna-x -December 4, 2012, 5:30AM

Wait home made eye make-up remover. It looks intriguing and if it works it will save people a lot of money as all the ingredients shown above are basic household items. Keep posting more ideas and experiments like this.

Samantha -January 13, 2013, 10:55AM

This is amazing! I love it!!! Instead of using baby shampoo, I used witch hazel. It works just fine!

Sydnee -April 15, 2013, 2:50PM

Lovely! I made this at the last minute when I ran out of makeup remover wipes, and now I think this may become my go-to makeup remover! :)

Michelle -June 18, 2013, 10:15PM

I don’t have a glass jar, can I use a plastic jar like a pill jar?

Jessica -September 16, 2013, 2:26PM

I am definitely into multi-purpose/use items. I do not believe in a one-hour production to do your face and I do not have a huge regimen of face cleansing, moisturizing, and make-up applying and removal. I usually wash my face with water….I have to give credit to my mother for introducing me to Shielo Hair Care and Skin Care. They have this AMAZING Shielo Complexion Scrub .
When I first started to wear make-up and then couldn’t figure out how to get it off, I saw the Shielo Complexion Scrub in the bathroom and she told me to try it. I loved it! I have sensitive eyes, and just about anything makes them burn or water…but this didn’t. It removed the make-up, washed my face, and left it soft and smooth – not dry and tight like regular soap.

ashley -February 7, 2014, 3:53PM

i just used a little bit of baby shampoo like a tablespoon full and then filled the rest of the container with water and it took off my makeup easily

web design oop -February 10, 2014, 8:03PM

The web and mobile development company are comkmitted to provide Creative, Innovative and quick
& quality Website Design Solutions, Web Development, E-Commerce Web Applications, Contract Web Designers, Web site maintenance
etc. Creating a positive corporate culture begins with a focus on internal resources.
Affiliate progrzms can be used, however, foor
exrra traffic.

Mariah -June 21, 2014, 8:36PM

Can you use regular oil and not olive oil because I don’t
have any! So if you could comment below and answer
for me it would really help!

Eye Make up -October 1, 2014, 6:23AM

If some one needs to be updated with most up-to-date technologies
then he must be pay a visit this web site and be up to date daily.

rosemarie brown -December 2, 2014, 9:58PM

hello I watch a Tyra Banks show and she said you can use baby oil and water is that ok. I don’t feel comfortable using baby shampoo and their saying it causes cancer, I use it to wash my hair.

rosemarie brown -December 2, 2014, 9:58PM