Paris vs New York, Which City Would You Chose?

Post image for Paris vs New York, Which City Would You Chose?

Our October catalog was shot in both Paris and in a studio in New York. Paris has that romance, the elegance and a certain feeling that I admire so much. When I think of Paris I think of reading books in coffee shops, sitting outside a French restaurant in a big coat in the cold air, watching the elegant people in black and stripes stroll pass me. I think of exploring the Sacre Coeur , hearing the romantic bohemians ramble around Montmartre and the vintage stores in Bastille. The French have that certain something about them that I want to capture and place into a book.

New York is the city of cool, a city that has great attitude and energy. Whenever I’m there I feel alive and ready for the next beat.  You have people that are hungry, hungry for life and have big  ambitions. It’s an aggressive city and the people there know that – one blink and you’ll miss the opportunity.  From great restaurants, to bars and the fashion in boutiques and on the streets, New York knows where it’s at and it’s ready to knock you off your feet.

If I were to choose between the two, I’m not sure I could.  I’d just say I dream of Paris and love New York. If you had to pick just one, which city would it be?

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Dee -October 3, 2012, 11:01AM

I have never visited Paris, but I would definitely do the same — dream of Paris (visit often) and live (love) in New York.

Liana -October 3, 2012, 1:42PM

I’ve never visited either! They’re both on my bucket list though!

Liana, The Bret Beattie Law Firm

lexi -October 3, 2012, 4:11PM

Definitly Paris! To be fair, I have never been to NY but I have ttly fallen in love with France. I just feel like myself there, like I belong there.

Kate -October 3, 2012, 5:18PM

I visited both this summer, and it’s very hard to choose. I’d have to go with Paris though. Both cities are fast paced but the Parisians can sit down and take in a life for a moment or two, especially at the cafes. But New Yorkers do know how to have a good time and there’s nothing like America! :)

Trish -October 3, 2012, 6:38PM

Paris is so dreamy I think I would have to go with that one, despite the fact I speak zero French. ha.

Kayla -October 3, 2012, 10:06PM

I was born and raised in New York and that’s where it’s at! The city that never sleeps!

Shhh….
I would love to live in Paris though! It’s a secret…

Cordu -December 8, 2012, 2:31PM

Team New York all the way :) I just love the inspiring rush of the city.