How To Remove Wrinkles Without An Iron

Post image for How To Remove Wrinkles Without An Iron

Wrinkle emergencies. We’ve all had them. Maybe you’re traveling and your suitcase didn’t quite keep the fabric of your dress as smooth as you’d hoped… but there’s no iron at the place you’re staying.

Or maybe you’re at home, dying to wear that beautiful tunic you love (that’s been somehow living on your floor for the past few weeks)… but your iron is nowhere to be found? Have no fear, my dears, because there are plenty ways to smooth out lightly-wrinkled clothes without an actual iron. Here are some of my favorites! If you have any iron-without-an-iron tips, please share them below!

spray

Fill a spray bottle with water, hang your clothes on a clothesline outside (on a dry, sunny day), and give them a little spritz wherever they’re wrinkled. The moisture will help release the wrinkles and the sun will dry your clothes to keep them that way.

Spray bottle

Dryer method

Add a damp washcloth into the dryer along with your wrinkled piece of clothing. Let it dry on low to medium heat for about 15 minutes, and voila!

Cat and dryer

Hairdryer method

Another type of dryer to use… the hairdryer. First, slightly dampen your clothes wherever the wrinkles are. Smooth the fabric with your hands and use the hairdryer to give a burst of hot air until the wrinkles disappear.Mini floral blowdryer

Straightening iron method

This is my personal go-to, as my straightening iron always seems to be around! This can get tricky because the hinged part can restrict you from getting to certain areas, but if you get a little innovative, there’s usually a way around it! Just be careful not to set the straightener to too high of a temperature or to leave it in one spot on an article of clothing for too long.

Tie dye shirt, straightening iron

Mini straightener for ironing clothes

Steamy shower method

Hang your wrinkled clothing on the shower rod and adjust the shower head so that the water won’t hit it. Take a hot shower for 5-10 minutes while the steam works it’s magic on your clothes!

Free People top in shower

Towel method

Lay out your wrinkled piece of clothing on a smooth, flat, clean surface. Press a damp towel over the wrinkled area and use your hands to smooth out the spot.

Towel on pants

Do you have any other wrinkle-removing tips? Let us know!

Follow FP Brigette on Twitter.

Tags: , ,

Comments

Olivia -January 20, 2014, 8:43AM

My favorite is the steamy shower method!!

meg -January 20, 2014, 8:50AM

Hilarious! I have actually used my straightener on my collar before!

LamentingLizzie -January 20, 2014, 10:06AM

I actually do not own an iron because I very rarely have clothes that need to be ironed. The steamy shower and hair dryer methods are my go to! They work every time and are so easy.

Juliette Laura -January 20, 2014, 11:33PM

SUCH perfect ideas. I actually always have to iron my work polo, and I always bring it into the shower with me!

xo, Juliette Laura

Ange -January 21, 2014, 10:06AM

I was just thinking about this for some reason. I have in a pinch used the hair straightener several times.

Nataya -January 21, 2014, 10:48PM

I’ve trying to figure out how to smooth wrinkles without iron, that’s why unfortunately I don’t have other tips but I’m happy to find these.

steam shower sale -March 31, 2014, 3:54PM

Was initially in actual fact searching for just a typical shower enclosures during which I
stubled onto this page, did not even know there was such a thing as a ‘steam shower enclosure’, wow, may just have to buy one

luxury steam showers -June 20, 2014, 10:06PM

Love this fabulous site, excellent stuff here, would have been a
tiny bit sceptical in regards to getting a steam shower system for our home however, the info here sorted my mind out, fantastic many thanks

Steam Room Shower -August 19, 2014, 5:53AM

Adore each of these steam showers

Kim Kardashian Hollywood Cheats Android -August 28, 2014, 5:56AM

There is no doubt in their mind that with time, and hard work their dreams will come
true. While money, sports cars and good looks may offer some initial advantage
to some men, most of the time it still isn’t enough to keep the beautiful woman interested for long.
Another concern of women is how natural the panties
will feel to the human touch.