Miracle Travel Spray

Post image for Miracle Travel Spray

My biggest problem when traveling? …Wrinkly clothes. No matter which way I fold, roll, or tuck them inside my suitcase, they always succumb to the wrinkle. When you’re on the go, you might not have access to an iron, and time and convenience are of the essence.

If you’re anything like me, I normally pack a large amount of clothes so I can have “options”. Really though, I end up re-wearing the same outfit a handful of times. After the in and outs of a suitcase, that outfit is always wrinkly. Well…  Allow me to introduce you to something that just might solve all wrinkle problems…

miracle spray

~Miracle Travel Spray~

This spray is one of the simplest things I’ve ever made. It’s convenient, cheap, and really works.

miracle spray ingredients

All you need is:

A plastic spray bottle

Liquid fabric softener

Water

Lavender essential oil

Fill the spray bottle about 3/4 full with water, then add in about 1/4 of liquid fabric softener (I used an all natural, unscented kind.) To give the spray a fresh scent, I added in about 10 drops of lavender essential oil, but you can use any scent of your liking. Screw on the spray cap and shake to combine the ingredients.

spraying on shirt

Take a wrinkled piece of clothing and spray the mixture across the entire garment. Depending on how wrinkled it is, you may want to be pretty generous with the spray. Hang the garment to dry, as you will probably have a few wet marks from the spray.

shirt before and after

After the garment has dried, all wrinkles should be gone and it will be left smelling fresh and clean! I really recommend bringing this spray along on your next trip. I head to Austin, TX for SXSW on Thursday, and I have a feeling this little bottle is going to be my saving grace :)

More DIY ideas from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Follow FP Jana on Twitter.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Kelsey -March 11, 2014, 7:54AM

Love this! I usually end up ironing my clothes with my straightener like Brigette, but this may be better! Or a combination of two ;)

Ella Wild -March 11, 2014, 8:07AM

Thanks for this really great idea! adding it to my travel kit.

Ella Wild xoxox
Visit my store at : http://www.etsy.com/shop/HeartJewelryAlways

Juliette Laura -March 11, 2014, 9:35AM

Oh I am sure this smells lovely! Definitely adding to my travel kit.

LamentingLizzie -March 11, 2014, 9:48AM

Finally, I can take clothes that wrinkle on trips. TBH I tend to bring shorts and jersey shirts/dresses just so I don’t have this problem. It’s restricting.

Britt -March 11, 2014, 10:37AM

I’m surprised FP would recommend this. Fabric softener is one of the most toxic items people have in their homes. It’s carcinogenic and the artificial fragrances are neurotoxins causing everything from excema to asthma. Try some steam from your shower to listen wrinkles while traveling or vinegar!

Ashe -March 11, 2014, 12:01PM

Hey Britt! If you’ll read the article again you’ll notice she says she uses an all natural, unscented fabric softener!

Grace -March 11, 2014, 1:06PM

What a great idea! I love, love the smell of lavender and it would be a great, relaxing spray on my next business trip.

Hui -March 11, 2014, 4:55PM

I really need to try this! It looks so simple to make<3

Shelby -March 11, 2014, 5:39PM

Wow, this is perfect. Lavender oil is da best <3

Livvy -March 11, 2014, 6:04PM

This is amazing!! Gotta make me some, very clever xx

Madeline -March 18, 2014, 2:38PM

Love this!

Dee -July 10, 2014, 2:56AM

Fabulous! I use all the unscented, fragrance free products. What a great idea though. However, I only pack clothing that barely wrinkles and I do roll some clothing. In fact, almost everything I buy needs no ironing. I do the shower trick if needed and it does work. After I tighten the closures in the suitcase I then carefully fold jackets, including leather on top and they come out great. Usually on travel day I wear an outer garment – coat, jacket – so I don’t have to pack it.