Summer (un)officially kicks off this weekend – stay healthy all season long with these tips.
This year has been flying by (hello June!) and this weekend marks the unofficial start of summer. In celebration, people will be spilling outside to take advantage of the long, sunny days. All hail BBQ, beach, and cocktails! But with the holiday weekend parties comes opportunity to let our health guard down. So here are some of our favorite tips to ensure you have the healthiest Memorial Day yet!
- Protect yourself from the sun with these tips and DIY beauty recipes from beauty founder, Indie Lee.
- Find shade throughout the day. Post up under a tree, pack your beach umbrella, or shop our new summer hats.
- Hydrate! All day. Try these delicious infused water recipes.
- Protect yourself from pesky bugs with this all-natural bug spray or these DIY bug repellent and citronella candles.
- Get moving with games like Frisbee, badminton, and horseshoes.
- Drink smart. Try these amazing cocktail infusions from Tamworth Distillery or this pink grapefruit shandy recipe from Austin Beerworks. Going alcohol-free this weekend? Make this ginger ale!
- Pass on the processed foods and have an all-natural picnic. With the help of Kiara of TobruckAve and nutrionist Mikaela Reuben, make tasty plates like edamame hummus, roasted tamari almonds, soba noodle salad and watermelon skewers. Heading to a potluck? Make this!
- Wake up an extra 30 minutes early and do these exercises from ModelFit’s Vanessa Packer to start your day off right. No gym necessary! Start here and end with these.
- Protect your lips from sunburn – pack your chapstick!
+What are your plans for this weekend? Please share in the comments!
Follow Joanna on Instagram.