Pineapple Gazpacho

Post image for Pineapple Gazpacho

Every day in our cafeteria here at Free People they offer the most interesting soups. Since it’s been summer they’ll usually do one chilled option. I’m always intrigued, but never actually like the sample enough to get it for lunch…until the other day. They made this pineapple gazpacho – sounds weird – but I LOVED its mixture of sweet and spicy so much that I ended up devouring it down for lunch. At home I later tried to replicate the dish and found it’s beyond easy. The only thing is, you’ll need a bit of planning ahead since the dish tastes better chilled in the fridge over night.

For the Gazpacho You’ll Need:

1 Pineapple

1 Yellow Pepper

¼ Cucumber

½ Sweet Onion

5 Sprigs Cilantro (stems included)

2 tsp Rice Vinegar

½ tsp Spicy Sriracha Sauce

¼ tsp White Pepper

Picnik collage

For The Garnish:

¼ Red Pepper

2 Sprigs Cilantro (leaves only)

Directions:

1. Core & Peel Pineapple. Then cut pineapple, yellow pepper, cucumber, and onion into medium pieces.

2. Throw all gazpacho ingredients into a blender or bowl if you have a hand blender like I do. Puree until texture is smooth.

Picture 0073. Chill over night

4. Garnish with red pepper and cilantro to serve

Picture 013

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Charlotte -July 10, 2011, 10:01AM

Sounds great! Maybe Ill ask my parents if I can make it for dinner!
Please check out my blog! It would be great if you did, maybe Id finally get over 8 views a day! Thank you
My blog is: http://theflowered.blogspot.com/
Thank you!

Taylor -July 10, 2011, 12:19PM

I loveee gazpacho! The first time I had it was in Laguna Beach! :) This sounds amazing and refreshing! I am going to try this one night! So excited!

Megan -July 10, 2011, 12:51PM

On our way back to VA from a wedding in Cleveland, my husband and I stopped in Pittsburgh to sleep + eat. We decided on Casbah – a delicious Mediterranean place – and I got a watermelon/strawberry gazpacho with jalapeno, red onion and cilantro. It was so good! (probably would have been delicious as a sweet/savory dessert sauce over vanilla custard too, honestly). I also find it awesome that your cafeteria makes interesting dishes like that. Def not your typical cafeteria food!

Jennifer -July 10, 2011, 3:52PM

This looks beautiful! I love pineapple and this looks like a wonderful summer meal!

salima -July 10, 2011, 3:57PM

I prefer “Andalusian Gazpacho” with a lot of tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, garlic and olive oil … Very refreshing for this hot summer !! xoxox

Amber -July 10, 2011, 4:39PM

YUM!! that sounds amazing!
Amber’s Notebook

Shirene -July 10, 2011, 5:33PM

Mmmmm, this sounds delicious! :D Thank you for sharing the recipe with ua!

Shirene -July 10, 2011, 5:34PM

Oops, *us, not “ua” lol.

Taylor -July 10, 2011, 10:18PM

I love the food at the URBN cafe. It’s so fresh and simple. There are so many options!

stargirl -July 11, 2011, 2:13PM

looks good!(:

Michelle -July 13, 2011, 12:47PM

Pineapple is a natural anti-inflammatory too!

Las Vegas Appliance Repair -August 11, 2014, 4:47AM

Great post.

car shipping to cyprus -October 18, 2014, 11:06PM

I almost never comment, however I looked at a few of the comments on this page Pineapple Gazpacho.
I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright.

Could it be simply me or does it look as if
like a few of these comments look like they are left by brain dead folks?
:-P And, if you are writing at additional
social sites, I’d like to follow everything fresh you have to post.
Could you list of all of all your shared sites like
your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?