Stay inspired and dont miss a thing. Weekly updates from BLDG 25

Strawberry Avocado Jalapeño Salsa

Post image for Strawberry Avocado Jalapeño Salsa

This post is part of our restricted diet series from Beth of Tasty Yummies.

This slighty sweet, kinda tart, and a little bit spicy snack is just amazing. Great on tortilla chips, over your favorite tacos, or even just with a spoon. We have already had some hot weather here in Southern California, so I have been enjoying summery treats a little early. Strawberries are already in season out here, so why not get a jump on playing around with some fun new recipes. This salsa is simple to make and just full of so much flavor. I don’t always love fruit in savory dishes, but this one is incredible. I have a feeling this is going to be a staple snack around here this strawberry season!

strawberry salsa

Strawberry Avocado Jalapeño Salsa

1 pint strawberries, diced

1 avocado, diced

1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely minced

2 green onions, thinly sliced

1 handful fresh cilantro or parsley

juice of 1 lime

salt and pepper to taste

In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients, toss together and serve immediately. Enjoy!

strawberry salsa

For more of Beth’s recipes visit her blog Tasty Yummies.

More healthy recipes from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Tags: , , ,

TamarackAndKhus -April 17, 2014, 9:31AM

I love using a little of whatever fruit is around in salsa. I’m also not crazy about fruit in savory dishes, but it seems to blend in really well in salsa. Wish I lived somewhere that avocados were local!

Stacey -April 17, 2014, 11:49AM

I’m a big fan of pineapple in my salsa, but never thought of strawberries. This looks delicious. I’m definitely going to try it.

Brandy @ A Mindful Mantra -April 17, 2014, 9:16PM

Such a clever recipe! I absolutely love the diverse flavors in this salsa. I’ve been experimenting with strawberry basil recently. I’m thinking this strawberry combo is up next!

Heather -April 21, 2014, 9:32AM

Such a great recipe! I added garlic and a little bit of crushed red pepper and garlic powder too!

Samantha -May 2, 2014, 4:37PM

I made this for my husband and I for lunch, and it yielded so much I expected to have leftovers.. but instead, we ate the entire bowl. Delicious!

Tere -July 6, 2014, 3:34PM

WOW !! Could you ferment this?? I love strawberries too, but here in central AR we only get the good ones a couple of weeks. If we could ferment this we could prolong our strawberry season!!