Current Mood: Tranquil

Every so often, I find my attention being pulled in by something specific.

I’ll latch on to something, and let it inspire me until another thing comes along that my mind wants to explore. Currently? It’s water, and my senses are thoroughly enjoying the trip.



My eyes make friends with any shade of blue that exists in the color spectrum.

My ears dance with the sound of droplets.

A scent that’s sometimes undercover, but not with a full breath in.

To taste is to live.

To feel… to feel feels like home.

For the past week, I’ve been collecting images of water and adding them to a folder on my desktop titled “Tranquility”. I think I got sucked into a Pinterest black hole the other day, searching for boards that bled in blues, greens and aquamarines, and that’s what started it all. Ever since, my creative vision has been on a long date with H20.

I made the folder not only to reference back to when I need inspiration, but I also created it to help myself exist on a tranquil level. I tend to stay pretty calm and collected, I’d say 90% of the time, but the other 10% likes to get lost here and there with stress and worries. I’ve never been one to take the time to meditate, but my roommate recently let me in on a little secret of hers that couldn’t have come at a more appropriate time.



Trying to shut everything off, and transfer the mind to a place of clarity can be extremely difficult. As she begins to meditate, she pictures herself sitting at the edge of a stream. As unwanted thoughts enter her mind, an imaginary pen hits paper as she writes the thought down. She crumples it up, and tosses it into the stream for it to drift away. One by one she’ll do this until all thoughts are gone, allowing her mind to be clear and free.









I think it’s important to have outlets that help you find a creative spark, or help you find a sense of peace within your being. Whether it’s meditating, or scrolling through Pinterest for hours at a time, we all have something that works best for us.



Until the next thing strikes, I’ll be walking on water and painting in blue. What about you?

More inspiring posts from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Follow Jana on Twitter and Instagram.


  1. this is the best representation of calm and serene feeling! our earthly blues and greens are the most beautiful things for humans eyes to ever laid on. great pictures :)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.