Have a great weekend! Read more »
We are constantly blown away by the photos of our fans wearing out clothes – so we wanted to do a little something special for you!
The winner will be featured on www.FreePeople.com
And win a $100 Free People gift card!!
The contest runs today through October 20th 2011.
Can’t wait to see your submissions… xoxo
We have an adorable visitor today… Naomi’s pup Abigail :)
homemade bagels at a goodbye party for our graphic designer…he is leaving us to go to grad school and we’re going to miss him very much :(
We’re sending him off with a book of inspirational quotes :)
And in his honor, here’s a highlight from his time here at FP – who remembers Dog Talk?!?
It’s definitely fall. The office was filled with cozy looks to prove it. Sweaters, boots, and jackets were at every turn.
I knew I loved these boots, they give this outfit that special added touch.
Her knit hat is so cute! And I love the surprise detailing in her tights.
The Embroidered Midtown Jacket – perfect for fall!
Her top was so cool. I love how intricate it is in its detailing.
We’re already missing summer and longing for a trip down under! But since we can’t travel to the other side of the world for free, we can at least ship there for free :) Starting today Free People is offering free shipping and 10% off on all orders over $100 to Australia and New Zealand through November 1st!
2nd image via oracle fox.
You’ve all probably seen the Free People October catalog by now, so tell us – what’s your favorite look?
Lots of fun stuff going on in our Free People stores this weekend! Here’s the low-down:
Free People Arlington is having a Halloween Party Saturday 10/15 from 10am – 9pm!
Special Halloween snacks will be available in-store throughout the day and DJ Whiskey Sherpa will perform from 6-9pm!
With any purchase of an orange, black, or “ghostly” white item, shoppers will be entered to win a raffle. Prizes include a Free People gift basket full of goodies like a Nylon mag subscription, nail polish, candy and a Free People gift card! Lastly, anyone who “likes” the store on the day of the event will be automatically entered to win a gift card :)
For more info check out their facebook page.
Stop by our Studio City store on Saturday 10/15 between 11am and 5pm and help support rescued animals in their search for a good home! Bring your pup and receive a free goodie bag for the little one – and with every purchase your dog gets a handmade scarf from the Free People Studio City team and you will be entered to win a special GRAND PRIZE!!! Details to come:)
Lastly, support another great cause at our Portland store this weekend! All day Saturday 10/15 get 15% off your entire purchase for all customers wearing pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness – and you will also earn a raffle ticket! Spend $300 or more and you’ll also earn a raffle ticket. 3 raffle winners will get baskets full of handmade goodies from our store team! There might be some pink hair dying going on as well ;)
Visit their facebook page.
Lives in: London.
Shoots with: Over the years I have used a few different camera’s. I use a Canon SLR for most of my photographs, however I love shooting in 35mm more recently. I also have some vintage cameras that are over 30 years old. My secret weapon is disposable cameras.
Favorite Subject: My girlfriend. She is also a great photographer, so when we go away or spend the weekend together, we like to take photos. It’s great to be able to look back at experiences you shared together and have some cool snaps.
Inspired by: My father used to be a semi-professional photographer in the 70′s, and he has taught me much of what I know. I would say he has been a big influence. Aside from that, I am easily inspired by the blogs I revisit, as well as my friends and family.
Random Fact: I’m obsessed with chilli peppers.
Check out more of his work on his blog!
I love to hear the meaning and stories behind the little things people keep at their desks. Everyone’s desk space here is so unique and full of tiny, fascinating details. Here’s a look at the Free People office coordinator’s desk top!
1. The headphones were actually a Christmas present from my father last year. They help when I’m looking for new store music!
2. This little giraffe statue was given to me by our creative director. She’s having a baby (!) and gave away little things after she baby-proofed her home.
3. This is a photo of my friend/coworker. His last day is on Friday (he’s going to grad school) so I snagged it off his desk so I can still see him every day.
4. It’s a pin that says, “Happiness is a warm puppy”. I bought it from a thrift store, it makes me smile :)
5. A photo of my little kitten, Walker <3
6. A piece of my mom’s artwork that she did in college. Unfortunately, artistic ability is not hereditary.
7. A Swedish wooden horse my grandparents brought back from their visit to Sweden.
8. As the office coordinator, people often come to me asking for candles when they have office parties, so I keep them at my desk.
9. I get migraines all the time! My mom sent me this holistic Migraine Tonic recently- hopefully it works! (fingers crossed)
10. Worry doll- I think this came off of a cupcake from an old office party. They remind me of my childhood.
11. Photo of Audrey Hepburn- She’s one of 11 women I have hanging above my desk as my eyebrow inspiration #dontjudgeme
12 . One of our first round discs for a store mix cd
13. This finger puppet needed a home, so I adopted it.
What if there was a magical spider that weaved its webs into intricately beautiful creations resembling lace doilies and delicate crochet… transforming abandoned or un-remarkable places into a beautiful work of art…and instead of being repulsed or scared, people would stop to admire its work…
That magical spider may not exist, but these amazing installations by Poland street artist NeSpoon do… so beautiful.
The lovely and creative Geneva of A Pair and a Spare contributed this amazing guest post for our blog!
Fishtail skirts have dominated the recent SS12 runways and are oh so sexy. What better way to jazz up a thrifted skirt than by creating your own fishtail style? Follow my steps below, it’s incredibly simple!
A thrifted skirt (I picked one with some subtle pleating)
A pair of scissors
needle and thread
1. Put your skirt on and mark where you want the front, and shortest, part of the skirt to finish.
2. Take the skirt off and fold in it half down the front of the skirt – so rather than the back and front lying against each other, it’s the two sides that face each other – the way you might fold trousers before you put them on a coat hanger. Make sure the fold is directly in the middle of the front of the skirt.
3. Lay the skirt on the floor and cut out the front of the skirt – you want a straight line for the first 30cm or so to create the mini part of the skirt, then tapering down to the back and bottom of the skirt.
4. Try the skirt on to see if the cut out is big enough. I did this a few times, cutting more away to suit what I wanted it to look like. It’s always best to take this part slowly and do small amounts at a time.
5. Once you have a cut out that you like, fold over the edge of the skirt about 1cm and iron. You may want to double over twice but my skirt was made out of a fabric that didn’t fray too badly so once was enough.
6. Sew a small stitch all the way around the hem.
7. Iron flat again.
Voila! All done.
Now wasn’t that simple? I absolutely love how this style moves around when you walk! Now that I’ve tested the process I’m going to make a few different coloured versions too.
Amazing!! thank you so much Geneva!
Trending on FP.com: