One of my favorite moments ever from the show Planet Earth. It kills me every time!
It’s midnight meaning it’s October calendar time!
Go to our flickr page to download the large size in regular or widescreen!
Calling all artists, fashion, and design junkies!! Do you love to create inviting atmospheres? Do you constantly add touches of detail to transform a space? Do you understand the Free People brand thoroughly and love the aesthetic, constantly trying to recreate it in your own world?
Free People is looking to hire a District Visual Manager for its Wholesale division to manage all aspects of merchandising for their specific region. The role requires a highly motivated, energetic, and organized individual, who can drive sales through creative ideas and analysis of what works.
Role & Responsibility:
Training and Development:
- Educate and motivate sales associates, specialists and management in each store within the region about the product, sales goals and merchandising objectives
- Build the Free People Clientele through customer service and leading by example in the Free People Shop
- Train associates on how to build multiple sales and use the directives as a guide for putting key looks together
- Merchandise the floor space to reflect the Free People Corporate image based on the current trend of the season
- Communicate and establish effective relationships with visual managers, merchandise managers, selling managers and sales staff to create the Free People Image
- Utilize and pass out visual lookbooks and directives to ensure our images are being recreated within the department store environment
- Consistent communication with store management regarding floor space, numbers analysis, selling events and review of specialist performance
- Analyze and communicate weekly goals to each store of responsibility
- Review allocations to your individual stores and communicate any issues
- Submit competitive recaps and detailed weekly recaps
- Conduct seminars with stores on a quarterly basis
New York, NY US
For more info and to apply, click here.
We had a fun visitor in the office last week – our creative director and art director met Ronen Verbit in New York and loved him so much they brought him down to our home office for a day! If you aren’t familiar with Ronen you should check out his videos – they are so clever and unique. Here’s one that we got a kick out of!
Free People King of Prussia is dreaming of Fall! Whether it is curling up in cozy oversized sweater while sipping cider, or strolling through the park in a sweeping pair of extreme vintage flares while leaves fall at your feet, we are so excited for the start of the season! To celebrate, this weekend we are giving away a hand-made dreamcatcher with a purchase of $300 or more, to help make all your dreams come true!
P.S. DIY Dreamcatchers.
RSVP on their Facebook page and get a Free People gift bag at the door!
Because we all need a laugh every once in a while…
Who is going to Austin City Limits this weekend?!
Well before you go, swing by our Austin store on Lamar on Wednesday or Thursday to pick up your festival outfit and get a little something special!
Shop on Wednesday or Thursday and spend $100 or more you will get a one of a kind, tie dye Free People bag! They have been dyed by our wonderful Free People girls and will be the perfect accessory for any ACL outfit!
But that’s not all! If you stop by between 12 and 5 on Wednesday or Thursday and spend $200 or more you will get a free hair wrap!! How awesome will that look at ACL?!
Visit their Facebook page for more info.
Even though summer isn’t technically over yet, Labor Day always seems to mark the end of it. I get terribly sad this time of year…summer is my favorite, and I never want it to end. I’m holding onto our endless summer concept and trying not to let it go just yet.
Click on images for sources – last few by Dylan Forsberg, I love his photos!